Reaction score
Every fucked up event in my life has always revolved around booze. Gave it up forever. I like watching those intervention shows and if people that messed up can be sober i can also. I just over-do it, im not a good moderation drinker.

IMG_1890.jpg

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
I drink socially but I don't keep alcohol in the house. Never developed a taste for it. I quit diet and reg soda three years ago. that was my main vice.

Reaction score
I drink socially but I don't keep alcohol in the house. Never developed a taste for it. I quit diet and reg soda three years ago. that was my main vice.

Stopped wearing your hat backwards too, didn't you.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
I'm well known to pop a Shiner Bock or two or three and make no bones about it. Never had any problems or issues. I drink light.

But really, I do know how serious this is because I've had several friends find success in AA. One day at a time Triple X.

Reaction score
I'm well known to pop a Shiner Bock or two or three and make no bones about it. Never had any problems or issues. I drink light.

But really, I do know how serious this is because I've had several friends find success in AA. One day at a time Triple X.

Thanks!

jnday

UDFA
Reaction score

I drink two, 2 liter bottles of Coke a day to go with my two packs of Vantage cigarettes. Life is good.

Rynie

In the Rotation
Reaction score
I'm drinking right now. Happy zombie Jesus day! If you don't sin, Jesus died for nothing.

Reaction score
When I was married we'd invariably see my in laws at some point during the day and they'd always during greetings say "He has risen!" To which I was supposed to reply "He has risen indeed!" But I never would because it's dumb. So there'd always be an awkward silence followed by me saying "uh huh" or something instead.

JBond

UDFA
Reaction score
Every fucked up event in my life has always revolved around booze. Gave it up forever. I like watching those intervention shows and if people that messed up can be sober i can also. I just over-do it, im not a good moderation drinker.

Good job xxx. Sounds like you are making a solid choice. I quit when I found myself living in a halfway house broke and broken at 23.

20 years later, I can honestly say it saved my life. Got tired of constant chaos followed by disappointment. It gets old.

I'm no saint and I still screw things up, but not in a way that is completely destructive to myself and those around me.

Reaction score
Good job xxx. Sounds like you are making a solid choice. I quit when I found myself living in a halfway house broke and broken at 23.

20 years later, I can honestly say it saved my life. Got tired of constant chaos followed by disappointment. It gets old.

I'm no saint and I still screw things up, but not in a way that is completely destructive to myself and those around me.

Wow, sounds like you hit rock bottom at a young age. Good to hear you were able to turn your life around!

Reaction score
I went 17 days sober, then i was feeling fucking miserable. Its like without booze you have to face your issues. I ended up having 4 beers. I was good for another week till this past weekend, the wife had wine in the house. I had a few small glasses, i didnt binge. Still, id rather just cut it off completely, i dont feel i need it. Its hard when there is booze in the house and the wife is putting guilt trips on me for making her abstain from it.

JBond

UDFA
Reaction score
Does the wife have issues with your drinking or is this something you are trying for yourself?

Generally speaking if a person believes they may have an issue, they do.

When I drank my decision making ability sucked. Has it become a recent issue or a continuous one? Feel free to pm me.

Top Bottom