NoShame

UDFA
Reaction score
I think it's safe to assume nobody really knows how the Peterson/Vikings situation will play out. Although it does seem more likely he'll remain in Minnesota lets play a game of what-if while we wait for our next big Free Agent signing.

What IF Peterson and the Vikings, during all these recent meetings, are actually talking about a way he gets traded where it can benefit all parties involved...

Would you, as new GM of the Cowboys, be interested?

With the recent rumor/speculation that the Cardinals would be willing to offer a "high pick" for Peterson, some assuming a 2nd rounder, would you be willing to match and beat that offer? At what point do you draw the line as far as trade compensation goes?

Keep in mind Peterson does come with a 12.75 MIL salary for 2015. While a restructure or pay cut is possible given how bad Peterson wants to be here that is not a guarantee.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
I think that ship sailed when we signed McFadden. Jerry couldn't justify signing an older, scandal ridden guy for a shitload of $ when he let Murray walk.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
No way I give up a pick better than this years 7th or MAYBE next years 5th and that's only if AP agrees to a team friendly, incentive laden contract that they can get away from with minimal cost after 1 year but a built in option to continue beyond one year. This would have to happen before the trade occurs.

Minny is full of shit, they aren't going to keep him (unless he totally redoes his contract) and are just posturing to try and extract a pick out of some sucker and the NFL is full of suckers so they'll probably get some fool to bite.

Having said that, I'd love to have him on our terms and theres plenty of room for him and McFadden (his contract is CHEAP)

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Jerry couldn't justify signing an older, scandal ridden guy for a shitload of $ when he let Murray walk.
In the reported phone call Peterson and Jerruh had last summer, Jerruh promised Adrian he would "make it happen" for Peterson to come to Dallas. Letting Murray walk was part of that plan.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
In the reported phone call Peterson and Jerruh had last summer, Jerruh promised Adrian he would "make it happen" for Peterson to come to Dallas. Letting Murray walk was part of that plan.

that would be tampering. Jerry's not dumb enough to tell him something like that. he publicly stated that we could not afford Murray due to the cap. how then could he squeeze in someone more expensive?

Reaction score

Jerry also told Randy Moss he'd be a Cowboy before the 1998 draft.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
that would be tampering. Jerry's not dumb enough to tell him something like that.
It was reported, a SI writer if I'm not too much mistaken, heard Jerruh's side of the call. Peterson called HIM, on his cell.
he publicly stated that we could not afford Murray due to the cap. how then could he squeeze in someone more expensive?
The call of course happened last summer, before Jerruh knew they were going to feed the ball 400 times to DeMarco and that DeMarco by some miracle would avoid injury and run away with the league rushing title. "We don't have the money" means, we don't have the money for Murray. We DO have it though, for Peterson.

In Jerruh's world.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
So, I googled it and it was a ESPN reporter as referenced here:

Report: Adrian Peterson told Jerry Jones he wants to play for Cowboys | For The Win

“Well, we’ll see what we can do, if we can make that happen,” Jones is now saying. “Hmm-hmm. … I’d like that, too. … Well, we’re talking pig Latin here, but let’s see if we can do that.” Jones listens, nods and says again, “We’re talking pig Latin here, but let’s see what we can do about that. OK, Adrian, thanks.”
So, I stand corrected. He didn't tell Adrian anything definite.

jnday

UDFA
Reaction score
that would be tampering. Jerry's not dumb enough to tell him something like that. he publicly stated that we could not afford Murray due to the cap. how then could he squeeze in someone more expensive?

Are you forgetting who you are talking about? Give Jerry a couple shots of Johnny Walker Blue Label and he will say anything. I think Peterson has the final say on any trade , so that may be the reason he is not with the Cards. I wouldn't be surprised if he signs with the Cowboys after the Vikings cut him. He could refuse any trades to insure that the Vikings has to pay him or cut him. I don't care if he comes to Dallas , or not, but they damn sure better get better RBs than they have now if they want to see the playoffs any time soon.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
he's a white whale, like Michael Huff or Ty Law. he ain't never comin' to Dallas.

Bluenoser

In the Rotation
Reaction score
I think that ship sailed when we signed McFadden. Jerry couldn't justify signing an older, scandal ridden guy for a shitload of $ when he let Murray walk.

If we cut DMC isn't it only costing us 200k?

Reaction score
lets play a game of what-if while we wait for our next big Free Agent signing.

That's going to be a long game of What If. Just need to see who San Diego will let go next and/or some former Norv Turner player who shouldn't be in the NFL at all but is signed because he knows the system.

Big Free Agent signing..... Let's just marinate in that for a while. Yep. I can't even imagine what that means.

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
Give them a 3rd this year and a 5 the next year.

We can handle doing without another tight end and a corner from some obscure college.

Reaction score
Trade them Hanna and a 5th round and throw in Streets and T-Willy because we will be cutting both of them by the end of next year anyway.

Reaction score
Is Minny really gonna pay him $13 mil next season without any sort of restructure? I would just wait until the situation there plays out. I think we would get 2-3 good years from him at best so he's not worth a draft pick higher than 3 to me. The only reason I'd give a 3 is because we do have a window open with Romo and this is just the kind of impact player to help.

Top Bottom