DeMarco a Cowboy in 2015?

• Yes

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • No

Votes: 8 80.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reaction score
Yes. If he wasn't, he would've signed by now.

We match the highest offer and watch next year as he fumbles, fails to eclipse 1200, and probably gets injured.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Now I'm thinking no. He called Kelly personally? That almost tells me he doesn't care about coming back here.

Problem now is who do we get if he doesn't come back? Even Spiller signed already. Pickings are getting slim.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Problem now is who do we get if he doesn't come back? Even Spiller signed already. Pickings are getting slim.

Eh. Pretty easy to find quality RB's. Getting someone who can block and catch in addition to being as good at running as Murray would be the key.

Worst case scenario we go into next yr with Randle, Ryan Williams and Dunbar. Wont be as good as Murray, but they can be productive and would probably be a workload a lot more divided up.

NoShame

UDFA
Reaction score
Eh. Pretty easy to find quality RB's. Getting someone who can block and catch in addition to being as good at running as Murray would be the key.

Worst case scenario we go into next yr with Randle, Ryan Williams and Dunbar. Wont be as good as Murray, but they can be productive and would probably be a workload a lot more divided up.

That's a horrible scenario IMO. Randle is a knuckle head that can't be counted on. Williams, who I like, just spent last year on the PS. And Dunbar is a training camp hero who has never amounted to shit. That backfield right there provides Garrett with all the excuses in the world to take us right back to the pass happy offense we all grew to hate before last season. IF we lose out on Murray we're gonna need to draft a RB in the 1st or 2nd thus taking away an opportunity to land a good young defensive talent and rather, more than likely, forcing us to overpay for defense in FA.

NoShame

UDFA
Reaction score
Operating on the hypothetical that we lose Murray to the Eagles. I'd make a hard play for Potroast to play the 1 tech and then resign McClain for MLB. Sliding Lee to weakside. Gonna have to sign a cheap vet for DE too- bring Spencer back or maybe a run at Adrian Clayborn. I'd then draft a RB in one of the first two rounds. Gurley preferably but Tevin Coleman in the second works. Id look for defense practically the rest of the way thru the draft maybe try to sneak an OT in there if I could.

Reaction score
Murray looks like he's on the way out now.

If he's gone, the Cowboys need to add someone who can take the lead role in the RB rotation.

What I dislike about the RB situation --

I simply don't get the Cowboys' fascination with Dunbar.

He doesn't get (or merit) enough touches to be a difference maker. He's not big enough to be a true backup and they can't run their regular offense with him. He may add a small new wrinkle to the offense, but in the big picture, that wrinkle isn't of consequence. Roster spots matter and I don't see how Dunbar adds enough value to justify his, especially if the Cowboys now have a big question mark about their lead back.

IMO, the team is better off having three (or four) potential all purpose backs. Why burn one of your RB roster spots on a special purpose back who doesn't add much value?

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
That's a horrible scenario IMO.

I did say "worst case"

I agree Randle can't be trusted, but he was ultra productive last yr when he got carries and is also an outstanding receiver.

If Murray leaves though, I think we all know drafting a RB pretty high is a lock.

Top Bottom