cockstrong

UDFA
Reaction score
Could the Eagles possibly be setting up salary cap for DeMarco Murray?

I really feel that few teams want Murray. Nothing about his talent or ability but hes gonna command big dollars plus running backs coming off 400 carry seasons never do well the following year

Reaction score
Could the Eagles possibly be setting up salary cap for DeMarco Murray?

I doubt it. I think if they could've paid a back big money, McCoy would've been the guy.

Not sure what their cap situation is, but maybe they devalue the RB in that offense.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
[video=youtube;2f7z_zxQ4c8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2f7z_zxQ4c8#t=136[/video]

naughty language alert

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
As "new-age" and into analytics as Kelly supposedly is, I doubt he'd want a guy coming off Murray's insane workload. And besides, I don't think Murray is any younger than McCoy, is he? If so, it's within a year.

Pretty interesting what Kelly is up to. Maybe he believes in cheap, younger backs. Maybe he has a draft pick in mind.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
Not sure what their cap situation is, but maybe they devalue the RB in that offense.

He was due to make $12 million this year. Better to spend the $ elsewhere in a pass-happy offense?

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I really feel that few teams want Murray. Nothing about his talent or ability but hes gonna command big dollars plus running backs coming off 400 carry seasons never do well the following year

Especially ones with a propensity of fumbling, but I still blame the RB coach here for that.

NoShame

UDFA
Reaction score
rumors they're going after RB Ingram and CB Maxwell

Also, there's a rumor going around on Philly radio that Eagles have a deal worked out with the Jets already to move to 6 if Mariota is there... And another even bigger rumor that they have a deal offered to Tampa for the number 1 overall pick. Trading the house. Nick Foles, three first round picks, two second round picks, and two third round picks. Eagles getting that top pick of the draft AND Mike Evans.

Not sure how credible this shit is. Just passing it on..

Hoofbite

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Also, there's a rumor going around on Philly radio that Eagles have a deal worked out with the Jets already to move to 6 if Mariota is there... And another even bigger rumor that they have a deal offered to Tampa for the number 1 overall pick. Trading the house. Nick Foles, three first round picks, two second round picks, and two third round picks. Eagles getting that top pick of the draft AND Mike Evans.

Holy shit. That would be a win for Tampa.

3 first round picks, 2 seconds, and a QB who is at least competent?

They'd be stupid to turn that down.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score

Hope they do it. They'd be ruined for a decade. Couldn't happen to a shittier fucking franchise and fanbase

SixisBetter

Anywhere on the line.
Reaction score
Trading the house. Nick Foles, three first round picks, two second round picks, and two third round picks. Eagles getting that top pick of the draft AND Mike Evans.

So Kevin Costner is their GM?

Top Bottom