Reaction score
Stephen's saying Dez is getting the franchise tag...

DeMarco will be free. David Moore has tweeted that the team thinks DeMarco will let them match offers, but you never know.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
DeMarco is going to net us a 3rd round compensatory pick in 2016. In the short-term, his departure will force the Cowboys to get a new RB, possibly and hopefully someone with more explosiveness.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I'd still rather have him than not, but not at any price.

I still don't think he's going to get a huge deal to leave and that means it makes sense for us to keep him.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Someone will think his beasting it last year will be the norm for him. It won't be. They relieve us of him and we get the compensatory pick.

Reaction score
Agree. Let him go. Get a third or fourth rounder next year.

Watch him get 1200 yards at most next year and our OLine turn another RB into a hero.

Iamtdg

Reaction score
Murray can take a walk for all I care. I don't think I will ever be able to forgive him for that fumble against GB. I think that was even more pivotal in the loss as the "non" catch.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Murray can take a walk for all I care. I don't think I will ever be able to forgive him for that fumble against GB. I think that was even more pivotal in the loss as the "non" catch.
And it's not just the fumbling, it is the timing of them. Each one was devastatingly harmful. When you absolutely, positively, cannot have that result.

NoShame

UDFA
Reaction score
I'd still rather have him than not, but not at any price.

I still don't think he's going to get a huge deal to leave and that means it makes sense for us to keep him.

I agree. If we lose Murray I really hope we make a move on Ingram, who I think would look great behind this oline.

IF they're trying to sell me on the idea of Murray, the best RB in the league last season, for a compensatory pick in NEXT years draft... :lol I don't like it. Thats a horrible move. Its stupid.

IMO this is a front office fail. We should have come to terms on a long term deal with Dez and be tagging Murray instead. If at that time we didn't like the price on Murray (or couldn't get a longer deal worked out) we could still trade him and get a guaranteed high pick this year rather than gambling on what compensatory pick we'll be getting next year.

Regardless of all that right now I'm really hoping nobody comes after Dez or we might as well start rebuilding.

Iamtdg

Reaction score
Ingram or Gore are the two that I would like to see them go after if/when Murray walks.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
IMO this is a front office fail. We should have come to terms on a long term deal with Dez and be tagging Murray instead.
Takes two to tango though. We might never know for sure but I have a hard time believing the Joneses didn't make Dez a good and fair offer. Then umm, he changed agents. That they then didn't just bend over and kiss ass is a point for them in my book.
Regardless of all that right now I'm really hoping nobody comes after Dez or we might as well start rebuilding.
Please, stop it. He isn't God. He IS replaceable and likely without all the baggage and drama. Think instead, what we can get for him.

They SHOULD in fact be shopping him.

NoShame

UDFA
Reaction score
Ingram or Gore are the two that I would like to see them go after if/when Murray walks.

Ugh man Gore?? Don't get me wrong now I root for the canes so I've always pulled for him.. But he's gonna be 32 years old, 11th year in the league. I don't know if I'm feeling that. Trent Richardson will more than likely get released.. I wouldn't mind seeing what he could do behind this line but even then we couldn't bank on that. We'd have to sign someone else or draft a guy still pretty high.

Moreno, DeAngelo Williams? The more I look at this list the more I think we need to make a hard play at Ingram if Murray leaves.

Iamtdg

Reaction score
I think Gore still has a couple of years in him. He had shit for an OL in SF. I think he would look good behind this line.

Reaction score
Please, stop it. He isn't God. He IS replaceable and likely without all the baggage and drama. Think instead, what we can get for him.

They SHOULD in fact be shopping him.
Replaceable? Who would replace him?

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
I think Gore still has a couple of years in him. He had shit for an OL in SF. I think he would look good behind this line.

I think it could be a similar signing to the one the Ravens did with McGahee a few years ago. He'd get you near 1,000 yards, double digit TDs and some hard, crucial running. Pair him with Randel to keep him fresh.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
Trent Richardson will more than likely get released.. I wouldn't mind seeing what he could do behind this line but even then we couldn't bank on that.

there would be a riot if we replaced Murray with that turd

Reaction score
Ah..explosiveness? I feel like you guys are settling in to not having Murray in such a way that you are trying to devalue his history. It's a typical reaction to loss. He is arguably the fastest player on the Dallas offense. He can play a finesse, speed or power game in a way that worries defenses. He caught 53 passes last year and 57 the year before and his run after the catch was better than anyone on the team by over 100 yards. Yes he had the fumbles but let's not lose track of how complete a back he is.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Ah..explosiveness? I feel like you guys are settling in to not having Murray in such a way that you are trying to devalue his history. It's a typical reaction to loss. He is arguably the fastest player on the Dallas offense. He can play a finesse, speed or power game in a way that worries defenses. He caught 53 passes last year and 57 the year before and his run after the catch was better than anyone on the team by over 100 yards. Yes he had the fumbles but let's not lose track of how complete a back he is.
He's not feared like a Walker or a Dorsett, he isn't and never has been a threat to take it to the house every time he gets his hands on it, like they were. He does not have that type of air of danger and he is not a nifty back and isn't really anything special. He puts the beast on, one year which also happened to be a contract year, and suddenly he's Emmitt Smith. No, he is not. He is a dime a dozen back like most in this league, but fumbles more.

If's he's so special there's no way we win a bidding war. There won't be one, for exactly the reasons I just said. If we lose him that is fine, give us the compensatory pick and we go on our way. Then watch him flounder somewhere else.

Has no one learned the Marion Barber lesson?

Top Bottom