Reaction score
Jerry: "I'm ready to make decisions based on Tony Romo being available for the next five years."

SMH

Reaction score
He's such a waffler. Last year he wants Manzel. This year he's all Romo's good for 5 years.

Guess there's not a QB with enough marketability in this years draft.

Reaction score
Every year he says 5 more years with Romo. He'll say it when Romo's 43 and retired too.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I saw some comment he made in another forum where he said upgrading the backup QB spot was a priority.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
I saw some comment he made in another forum where he said upgrading the backup QB spot was a priority.
I read the article that's based on, and they really do think they get five more "good years" out of Romo, and are very happy with Vaughan's development.

I believe a good offseason of mainly rest will do wonders for Tony. I'm confident he'll be physically better and stronger next season.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I also read Garrett was pretty pleased with what they have seen from D V

I remember reading our scouts really liked the upside of Vaughan. Definitely pulling for him.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Vaughn sucks. I'd bring back Chad Hutchinson before I'd let Vaughn play a significant snap for the Cowboys.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Vaughn sucks.
You keep saying this but have zero evidence of it.

He regularly smoked our defense all season, running scout teams. Of course, yeah that's our D. But still.

Anyway no matter the actual status of him, they're not gonna say anything negative - he might be trade bait at some point so of course they're gonna say nice stuff.

But more to the point, I really don't think they're all that unreasonable thinking Tony has some good years left, especially if he has a really good offseason of rest and the right rehab for his back. He's not been a concussion sufferer, there's really nothing else that could shorten his career at this point. Plus, really there's nothing impressive at all about this QB draft class.

Rynie

In the Rotation
Reaction score
I guess I'm the only one that thinks romo can play 4-5 more years?

Reaction score
If the O-line can stay healthy, he might be able to last another year or two.

I am going to hold out hope that Jerry can trade for Manziel at some point. Browns may go after Mariota and that could make JFF expendable. Id do it for a 3rd rounder. I know its not a popular opinion.

Reaction score

I just don't see it. Not with so many back injuries and his best qualities being his athleticism.

There were times late in the year where he looked to be laboring after plays to get down the field. I'd give him two years tops, and consider finding his replacement a priority.

jnday

UDFA
Reaction score
I read that the Briens are shopping Johnny Football at the combine. Jerry may get him after all is said and done.

Reaction score
I wouldn't put anything past Romo... but if I'm Jerry, I'm not making decisions based on the assumption he'll be playing at this level for 5 more seasons.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
if I'm Jerry, I'm not making decisions based on the assumption he'll be playing at this level for 5 more seasons.
That's not unreasonable either. He fell into the same trap with Aikman.

But really, this draft isn't a very good one for quarterbacks IMO. I think we've all seen better.

Hoofbite

Draft Pick
Reaction score
I read that the Briens are shopping Johnny Football at the combine. Jerry may get him after all is said and done.

Fuck. You have to be an upper level piece of shit to wear out your welcome at the QB position in Cleveland after only 9 months. They're desperate for anyone to be a QB who doesn't suck.

NoShame

UDFA
Reaction score

You never know but I really don't see him lasting anymore than 2-3 years. 5 years would be incredible considering the state of his back.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score

Yeah they might be able to get a peanut butter and jelly sammich for that POS now

Top Bottom