Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Never thought I would see this, but it's happened.

In 2000, Titan Sports bought World Championship Wrestling and the "Monday Night War" was officially over. This transaction also included the contracts of all the in-ring talent.

One such refused to make the transition to the WWE, one Steve Borden who performs under the ring name "Sting." He said he would never work for the WWE because he didn't like their sex angles, tits and ass, and the derogatory way it used WCW people in its storylines.

Fast forward fifteen years.

When "Ultimate Warrior" Jim Hellwig, who had legally changed his name to "Warrior" suddenly died, his old tag team partner from the UWF - when they were billed as "The Blade Runners" - reached out to WWE and as timing would have it, his current meal ticket (TNA) had all but folded. As the weeks progressed, the old Blade Runner Flash found himself signing a contract to perform for the WWE.

He's now assured to be headlining Wrestlemania.

I haven't tuned in to watch any WWE in years. Never liked it, never really watched it. I follow news about it and that's about all. But because of the great performer Borden always was, I'll be watching now. I plan to DVR everything so I can zip through all the BS though.

Anyway, the world might as well end now because this once impossible thing has now happened. Sting to WWE, and me watching it.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Really. At age 55 no less.

From wikipedia:

On November 23, during the main event of Survivor Series, Sting made his first-ever appearance in a WWE ring by attacking Triple H with a Scorpion Death Drop and also costing Team Authority the match. On January 19, 2015, Sting made his live Raw debut by appearing backstage during the main event, then walking to the stage causing a distraction and costing Authority members Big Show, Kane and Seth Rollins their handicap match against John Cena; this win gave Dolph Ziggler, Ryback and Erick Rowan their jobs back.​

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Heard he quit after Mondays show.

Anyone else hear this?

Probably bullshit.
I haven't seen or heard anything about that, and a google search on it returns Nil.

He is set to battle Triple H at the upcoming Wrestlemania, is under a lucrative guaranteed contract, and they would sue him for bazillions if he walked.

They're already talking about Sting vs. The Underfaker at the next Wrestlemania, which happens in Jerryworld for the first time in 2016.

This year's Wrestlemania is in Levi Stadium.

Top Bottom