Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
No one I've seen yet is questioning that decision. We needed to get the 1st down and eat more clock. How do you feel about throwing it deep?

For me, I liked the balls they had, to do that. To go for it on 4th down in that situation, I mean. I do sort of question throwing it deep there.

What say you all?

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
It made sense because Romo got rid of it pretty quick so he didn't have to risk getting sacked.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
You trust your playmakers. It's a lot better than trying to rely on the long-developing pass tree.

lons

UDFA
Reaction score
Dude it was a catch. The only reason it wasn't a catch today. Was because of a picked up flag last week.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Dude it was a catch.
Right, not what I'm asking.
What do you suggest. Throwing it where everyone expects it to?
What we did didn't fool them, so there's that.

I suggest we get the five yards. It looked to me like there were no other options on the play but Hail Mary mother of frikkin Gawd.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
If you're gonna chuck it deep like that, why NEVER on 2nd and one or two? Fake the handoff and chuck it.

Never happens. We just go hey diddle diddle, run up the middle. Then it's 3rd and one.

lons

UDFA
Reaction score
Dude, so Dez is open as he's ever been and Romo is supposed to say, "Ya know what, let's throw it over the middle and just gain 5 yards instead of trying to put a dagger in their hearts." Come on man...

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Dude, so Dez is open as he's ever been and Romo is supposed to say, "Ya know what, let's throw it over the middle and just gain 5 yards instead of trying to put a dagger in their hearts." Come on man...
I am not questioning Tony's decision. I am questioning Red Ball's decision, and the play called.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
It was a ballsy call and a ballsy throw. Can't say we didn't go for the win.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
It was 4th and 2 not 4th and 4....so thats why we went deep

LOL. Even worse. Belicek wouldn't have went deep. Neither would have McCarthy. Get the first and eat up clock. Be methodical. Vintage Garrett --- lousy clock and game management.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
It was a ballsy call and a ballsy throw. Can't say we didn't go for the win.

It was stupid. Have no problem going for it on 4th and 2. But any other HC would have tried to get the 1st down. It's always better to get a 1st down, and give yourself 4 extra chance as oppose to just one. There was still plenty of time.

Top Bottom