Reaction score
I really feel like if we get past this team, which I'm not sure we can, that we can win the Super Bowl.

Cowboys DE Jeremy Mincey misses practice with head injury

Dallas Cowboys defensive end Jeremy Mincey is not practicing Wednesday because what is being termed a head injury, Todd Archer of ESPN Dallas reports.

He did not appear to be hurt after the wild-card win against the Detroit Lions and he spoke to the media on Tuesday.

Mincey was one of six players missing the portion of practice that was open to the media, which included quarterback Tony Romo, who is following his normal Wednesday-off routine he has had since the second game of the season.

Linebacker Rolando McClain (neck/concussion), tackle Doug Free (ankle), linebacker Anthony Hitchens (ankle) and defensive tackle Terrell McClain (ankle) were also not on the field.

Don't forget to follow us on Twitter at http://twitter.com/theredzoneorg

Reaction score
Parcells was on The Michael Kay Show today on NY ESPN radio. When asked about the Green Bay/Dallas game he said:

--Dallas needs to run to control the game if they want to win. He's not confident about Green Bays run defense.
--However, if the weather begins to limit the offenses with wind and cold weather affecting the passing then Green Bay would have the advantage because they can then focus better on stopping the Dallas run.
--6 of the 8 head coaches of the games this weekend were defensive coaches which means they will use the running game to control the game, and take pressure off the defense.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Mincey and Ro McClain still not cleared to practice or play this weekend.

Also sounds like DT Terrell McClain might be out with a high ankle sprain. Broaddus said Ken Bishop has been practicing at his spot.

Really needed these guys for this weekend. Big losses if one, two or especially all three cant go.

Reaction score
I know I should be rooting for Carolina today but I just can't get behind a shitty record team in the post season.

Don't celebrate mediocracy.

And ass holes want to expand playoffs?

Reaction score
Go Baltimore

Go Carolina I guess

I don't hate the Ravens as much now that Ray Ray retired. But I really hate Tom Brady.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Mojo will be in attendance, 5-0 this year when he attends a game:

Updated: January 9, 2015, 6:46 PM ET
ESPN.com news services

How do the Dallas Cowboys plan to combat the Lambeau mystique in their playoff game against the Green Bay Packers? By bringing their walking embodiment of a lucky rabbit's foot.

New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie released a statement Friday afternoon saying that he intends to take up Jerry Jones on his offer of two tickets in the Cowboys owner's suite to watch Sunday's NFC divisional matchup.

"As a lifelong Cowboys fan, it's hard to pass up attending a playoff game when you've been dubbed the team's mojo," Christie's press secretary said in the statement. "Not wanting to risk breaking the team's 5-0 streak by messing with karma, Governor Christie, his orange sweater and his son Andrew will all travel to Lambeau Field this weekend to attend the game against the Green Bay Packers."

Chris Christie and his lucky orange sweater will be at Lambeau Field on Sunday to cheer on the Cowboys.

Jones has dubbed Christie to be part of the Cowboys' "mojo." Dallas has won every game that the governor has attended this season, including last week's wild-card victory over the Detroit Lions and a win over the Indianapolis Colts in December that locked up a playoff spot for the Cowboys.

While Cowboys fans have enjoyed the politician's run of luck, Christie's constituents in New Jersey -- home to fans of such teams as the New York Giants and Philadelphia Eagles -- have not been happy with his very public love of their division rival.

Christie has also been criticized for possibly using taxpayer money to fund his flights to Cowboys games.

Christie's spokesman, Kevin Roberts, told ESPN.com on Monday that Jones paid for Christie's previous trip, including travel and tickets, so no New Jersey taxpayer funds were used. According to Christie's Friday statement, there will be no such concerns this time around.

"The governor will be paying for travel and tickets for himself, his sweater and his son to make sure we keep silliness out of the football season."

Capt. Stephen Jones of the New Jersey State Police said the state will not incur an additional cost for protecting Christie while he is in Wisconsin.

"He is the governor of New Jersey, which means we are committed to protecting him 24/7," Stephen Jones told ESPN.com's Darren Rovell. "His detail is there for his protection wherever he is. The costs remain virtually the same whether he is on state business or personal business."

Information from ESPN.com's Todd Archer and Darren Rovell contributed to this report.

Reaction score
LB McClain, DE Mincey cleared to play for Cowboys Sunday

The Dallas Cowboys got a double dose of good news Friday when both middle linebacker Rolando McClain and pass rusher Jeremy Mincey cleared the concussion protocol and were given the red light to return to practice according to Kevin Patra of NFL.com. Both players are now expected to play in Sunday's Divisional Round playoff game agains th Green Bay Packers at Lambeau Field.

McClain -- a Comeback Player of the Year Candidate -- is second in the team in tackles and for stretches this season was the Cowboys best defender. Mincey led the team in quarterback hurries and sacks in 2014. Both players graded out as among the top-ten at their positions this season according to Pro Football Focus and both will be needed at full strength if the Cowboys are to have any chance of upsetting the Packers.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
One of the main stories up on page one at CBSSportsline right now:

"Michael Sam gets engaged to boyfriend"

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Broaddus saying Terrell McClain is out tomorrow, appears Ken Bishop will be called up to 53.

They'll have to release someone or put a player on IR to make room.

Couple of other Bishop tweets from Broaddus:

Bryan Broaddus @BryanBroaddus · 4h 4 hours ago
“@rpotente3: @BryanBroaddus if bishop moves up do you think he makes impact?” I know that the starters here hate to block him. Never stops

Bryan Broaddus @BryanBroaddus · 1h 1 hour ago
“@RyanTrammel: What do you think Bishop's ceiling/potential down the road is?” Kid never stops. Like his chances to be really good in scheme

Last edited:

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Cowboys, Tony Romo don't want to be left in cold

January, 9, 2015
By Todd Archer | ESPNDallas.com

IRVING, Texas -- The forecast for Sunday in Green Bay, Wisconsin, is calling for temperatures in the low 20s.

Despite Tony Romo's Wisconsin roots, cold weather has not been kind to the Dallas Cowboys' quarterback.

According to ESPN Stats & Information, Romo has a 1-2 record when the game-time temperature is 32 degrees or lower.
His lone win came last season against the New York Giants (25 degrees) in which he completed 23 of 38 passes for 234 yards with two touchdowns and an interception. He lost at the Pittsburgh Steelers in 2008 (22 degrees) and last season at the Chicago Bears (8 degrees).

Romo has completed 56.4 percent of his passes, averaged 182.7 yards passing and had six touchdowns and four interceptions. Among quarterbacks with at least three starts in freezing temperatures, Romo’s 26.0 QBR is fourth worst since 2006.

Throwing the ball in the cold is different. Romo said the ball will be a little heavier.

“There are subtle changes,” Romo said. “You know, I grew up in Wisconsin and I played at Eastern Illinois, we played in plenty of games like that. You just learn through experience and through the years how to do subtle things. There are little things you can do that help you. That’s just part of playing in the conditions.”

Romo will not wear a glove Sunday and he said quarterbacks have different tricks to deal with the cold, like keeping their hand a little wet because the ball can feel dry. He said the practice in colder weather during the week should help.

“I think probably as much as anything else [the ball] doesn’t feel great in your hand, it doesn’t jump out of your hand as it normally would,” coach Jason Garrett said. “It’s really dealing with a football, holding it, catching it, when the conditions are cold and windy and wet and whatever they’re going to be, it’s just more challenging to secure that thing. It doesn’t feel like it normally does.”

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
The Jakar Hamilton era is over:

The Cowboys made a roster move this morning to get Ken Bishop DT on the roster by releasing Jakar Hamilton S. Bishop worked all week with 2s

Rynie

In the Rotation
Reaction score
I'm so sick and tired of the packers' nuts being gargled by the media. We will win the game, then the media will say it was because of Aaron Rodger's calf.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Really, I think plenty of media people are picking us to win. Especially for us being a 6 point or whatever underdog.

I posted a lot of them, several ESPN guys picked us to win. Much to my surprise.

Might be the kiss of death though.

Iamtdg

Reaction score
I picked us to win. And, if we can pressure Rodgers, I think we can win by 10+.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Despite Tony Romo's Wisconsin roots, cold weather has not been kind to the Dallas Cowboys' quarterback.

According to ESPN Stats & Information, Romo has a 1-2 record when the game-time temperature is 32 degrees or lower.
That wasn't this Tony though. That was the old Tony.
I picked us to win. And, if we can pressure Rodgers, I think we can win by 10+.
Me too.

Top Bottom