NoShame

UDFA
Reaction score
What do you guys think?

He's the NFL's highest rated passer, has the highest completion percentage and a yards per attempt average. He leads the league in 4qtr comebacks and game winning drives.

Other than Romo you have Rodgers, Brady, Manning, and Big Ben... Watt's name will get thrown around but I doubt he gets it considering his team is out of the playoffs.

Romo's numbers are right up there with the QBs, if not better. Manning hasn't looked too good recently. Rodgers is playing for his division this weekend. Same with Big Ben.

Romo's biggest competition might be Murray. And Murray has slowed down quite a bit the last 4 weeks. While Romo has the highest QB rating in December.

Reaction score
Didn't Dbair just start this thread not that long ago?

Anyways, like I said in his thread, I think Murray steals some of Tony's votes. I think he should get it, but doubt he will.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Meh, to me Romo should right up there with anyone and Murray shouldn't even be close.

I know he's had a great year, but we could have done the same things with many other backs. Not so at QB.

Reaction score
Not a bad topic; many in the media are talking about it.

But I've gotta say - I couldn't care less about who gets the league MVP.

MVP is an odd award. People don't even agree on how to define MVP (best player in the league? most important player to his team? most difficult to replace player? etc.). There isn't just one MVP awarded ... several organizations award their version of the MVP. It isn't unusual for the organizations to award their awards to different awardees.

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
Most outstanding player in the league this year, Romo should win it.

Rodgers and Watt are the favorites to get it tho. Maybe if Tony was a commercial whore, he'd probably take it in a landslide.

Murray is a lock for OPOY.

Reaction score
I have to say... as much as he's been beat up by fans and media his whole career after being saddled in this dysfunctional trainwreck of a franchise, I'd love it if he won this award and a Super Bowl trophy.

Beautiful ending to a career. Elway-esque

Reaction score
I vote for JJ Watt. This guy is the team. He is everything to them. Gets double/triple teamed and still dominates the game, plus score touchdowns.

Murry or Romo, these guys rely too much on the O-line to be productive. Rodgers / Brady ...yawn.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Rodgers is going to get it. They/ll justify it for his win over the Patriots and comeback win over the Dolphins, all the while ignoring his atrocious games the Seahawks, Saints, and Bills.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I vote for JJ Watt. This guy is the team. He is everything to them. Gets double/triple teamed and still dominates the game, plus score touchdowns.

Murry or Romo, these guys rely too much on the O-line to be productive. Rodgers / Brady ...yawn.

The Texans do not have a winning record. That's the idea behind and MVP --- would the team have a winning record without Romo, Rodgers, etc?

GloryDaysRBack

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Romo should definitely get it. If you take away the games where he threw INTs but kept his td passes...he'd have a 30+to 0 td to Int ratio

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score

MVP is an odd award. People don't even agree on how to define MVP (best player in the league? most important player to his team? most difficult to replace player? etc.). There isn't just one MVP awarded ... several organizations award their version of the MVP. It isn't unusual for the organizations to award their awards to different awardees.
I'd like to see Romo get the Landry courage award, for one.

Reaction score
The Texans do not have a winning record. That's the idea behind and MVP --- would the team have a winning record without Romo, Rodgers, etc?

Texans dont have a winning record because they dont have a quarterback. Would the Texans have been as competitive this year without Watt? Not even close. I know he wont get it, i just think its boring to always give it to a QB.

NoShame

UDFA
Reaction score

It may sound simple but my thought process was always you take each team's most valuable player then compare them to each other. Best one of the bunch gets it.

Top Bottom