dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I wasn't around much Wed-Today and only posted a couple times during the game I think before internet probs and just a true disdain for the way this team played (not just Thursday, they sucked ass most of the Sunday night game too) just ruined by Turkey Day weekend.

Yet another huge game and the Cowboys come up puny again. Its a year over year occurrence and has gone on this way since the Jimmy days were over. For maybe only the 2nd time in my life I actually turned a game off (right after that awful pick by Romo). The offense and defense were completely and utterly outplayed. The Eagles hadn't looked that good in a game all year against anybody, and yet we made them look like some awesome juggernaut that couldn't be stopped on either side of the ball. We made Mark Sanchez look like Dan Marino is his prime. Their wide receivers were wide open all game long. Their RB's repeatedly found gaping holes or easily outran us to the edge play after play. The OL looked like they had lead in their shoes. Our QB looked clueless. The offense for some reason chose to totally ignore the middle of the field against their defense. I think I heard them say the Eagles had the 30th rated pass defense in the league and we couldn't do anything with them.

Utter failure of a franchise strikes again. I really do wonder if they might lose out and miraculously finish 8-8 again. I guess they could somehow eek out wins over poor teams like the Bears and Redskins and finish 10-6, but after starting 8-3 and being undefeated on the road heading into December, 10-6 is nothing but F A I L

I've been so pissed off that I haven't bothered to read any comments from players or coaches (or for that matter, haven't read anything from other fans yet too). Truly deflating two games that really makes me think I should find something better to do than waste time watching efforts like that.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
I wrote a parody song about this same time last year based on Jimmy Buffett's "margiritaville" called "Mediocreville" and it's really turned out to be quite prophetic. I even recorded it.

My lyrics:

Sippin on tall boys
Watchin the Cowboys
All of those fumbles and penalties too
The defense is stumblin
Romo's a fumblin
This just ain't the team from ninty-two

Chorus:
Wastin my time again with Mediocreville
Wonderin where my, Dallas Cowboys went
Some might claim that it's the players to blame
But I think, it's Jerry's fault

I don't know the reason
I watch them all season
Cuz I damn well know what they're going to do
They'll lose to the Giants
And then to the Eagles
They're 8-8 and they haven't a clue

Chorus:
Wastin my time again in Mediocreville
Lookin at that, tarnished Cowboys star
Some might claim that it's the coaches to blame

(Ad-lib commentary)

I took off my flip-flop
Threw it at carrot top
Cuz the Dallas coach is a cheerleading fool
We just missed a field goal
We won't make the super bowl
Why Garrett's clapping I haven't a clue

Look at all those, idiots in the stands
Some might claim that it's the owner to blame
But I think, it's our own damn fault

(Closing commentary)​

The terrible singing effort - worthy of this team though:

http://eipnetworks.com/mediocreville.mp3

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
One year later and we're exactly where we were last year... 8-4 staring at a snarling December schedule.

Ironicville.

Reaction score
In good news, I feel good about our chances when we play them in two weeks.

I don't think our defense will do much, but I expect our offense, especially offensive line, play much better.

I think we'll win a shoot out.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score

I don't think our defense will do much, but I expect our offense, especially offensive line, play much better.

Hopefully there'll be snow, blunting their attack.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I wasn't around much Wed-Today and only posted a couple times during the game I think before internet probs and just a true disdain for the way this team played (not just Thursday, they sucked ass most of the Sunday night game too) just ruined by Turkey Day weekend.

Yet another huge game and the Cowboys come up puny again. Its a year over year occurrence and has gone on this way since the Jimmy days were over. For maybe only the 2nd time in my life I actually turned a game off (right after that awful pick by Romo). The offense and defense were completely and utterly outplayed. The Eagles hadn't looked that good in a game all year against anybody, and yet we made them look like some awesome juggernaut that couldn't be stopped on either side of the ball. We made Mark Sanchez look like Dan Marino is his prime. Their wide receivers were wide open all game long. Their RB's repeatedly found gaping holes or easily outran us to the edge play after play. The OL looked like they had lead in their shoes. Our QB looked clueless. The offense for some reason chose to totally ignore the middle of the field against their defense. I think I heard them say the Eagles had the 30th rated pass defense in the league and we couldn't do anything with them.

Utter failure of a franchise strikes again. I really do wonder if they might lose out and miraculously finish 8-8 again. I guess they could somehow eek out wins over poor teams like the Bears and Redskins and finish 10-6, but after starting 8-3 and being undefeated on the road heading into December, 10-6 is nothing but F A I L

I've been so pissed off that I haven't bothered to read any comments from players or coaches (or for that matter, haven't read anything from other fans yet too). Truly deflating two games that really makes me think I should find something better to do than waste time watching efforts like that.

Thats me in almost every respect except I got up and left the house after shady made the long run to make it 30-10.

I made sure not to get back until the game and all the after show Philly nut hugging was over

I was shocked to find out the final score was only 33-10, I guess Philly put everything in neutral after that TD

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score

I don't see how you guys keep your optimism, I'm in full on melt down mode and fully expect another god awful, nut punching December suck fest.

I think they'll finish 1-3 and it will start because they will be fixated on the next Philly game and overlooking a Chicago team who's offense has the tools to light our defense up, then Philly will out coach and play them after Dallas opens the game in a stupor still in shock as to how Chicago beat them. It won't matter after that but they'll find a way to beat Indy to make the last game have some meaning via some long winded mathematical calculation where there is a .0000067% chance they can still make the playoffs if a myriad of wins and losses fall perfectly in place. Somehow that long shot will come through and all they have to do is beat the Colt McCoy lead Redskins to make the playoffs. Then the Redskins go on to sweep the Cowboys, breaking the rest of Romos back in the process and leaving the last of all the fans nuts dangling in pieces across the kitchen floor.

Rainbows and sunshine people, rainbows and sunshine....

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I wrote a parody song about this same time last year based on Jimmy Buffett's "margiritaville" called "Mediocreville" and it's really turned out to be quite prophetic. I even recorded it.

Thumbs up Dooms. That gave me a good laugh.........well done.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
That's all they leave us with every year. We must laugh, to keep from going postal.

Reaction score
The offense for some reason chose to totally ignore the middle of the field against their defense.

This is the reason that Linehan is not only not the answer to the question of why there has been success but the reason why there is still residual stupidity that has been going on as long as Jason has been designing plays (without Sparano). In the Sunday night loss against the Falcons, Chris Colinsworth was laughing commenting that he wondered why Jason was not exploiting the middle of the field. The middle linebacker was running to the deep third of the field at the snap, leaving the middle completely empty. It didn't matter to Jason because the plays are dictated by what the defense is doing presnap. Linehan got put into a system to call plays in a locked and finite system. Murray gets to run mainly (in my best guess) because Jerry has mandated that Linehan call running plays. But the Eagles game was just gimmick-free stupidity. A 3-4 defense who has to account for the side paths of dynamic TEs by using their OLBs in coverage (thus taking them off the line) and Jason just welcomes the OLBs into the backfield by keeping the TEs in to block while only 1 or 2 WRs goes out into a distance pattern that the Eagles were already fairly familiar with. Might be why Jason Witten was so mad. I'm not saying 5 wide but play actions and short passes would,have been gold.

Hoofbite

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Stack the box, blitz, sit on outside routes, and watch Dallas struggle.

The only player Dallas has who can separate off the line is Beasley.

Dallas doesn't scheme to create opportunities for players later in the game. Anyone see how Chip was basically forcing Dallas to watch Sproles like a hawk by putting him in motion so often?

Dallas doesn't do that. The plays are either there or they aren't. This whole "out-execute" the opponent mentality is fucking dated. It basically says that scheming is pointless even though numerous teams across the league have succes in scheming to create opportunities.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score

My lyrics:

Sippin on tall boys
Watchin the Cowboys
All of those fumbles and penalties too
The defense is stumblin
Romo's a fumblin
This just ain't the team from ninty-two

Chorus:
Wonderin where my, Dallas Cowboys went
Some might claim that it's the players to blame

I don't know the reason
I watch them all season
Cuz I damn well know what they're going to do
They'll lose to the Giants
And then to the Eagles
They're 8-8 and they haven't a clue

Chorus:
Wastin my time again in Mediocreville
Lookin at that, tarnished Cowboys star
Some might claim that it's the coaches to blame

(Ad-lib commentary)

I took off my flip-flop
Threw it at carrot top
Cuz the Dallas coach is a cheerleading fool
We just missed a field goal
We won't make the super bowl
Why Garrett's clapping I haven't a clue

Look at all those, idiots in the stands
Some might claim that it's the owner to blame
But I think, it's our own damn fault

(Closing commentary)​

The terrible singing effort - worthy of this team though:

http://eipnetworks.com/mediocreville.mp3

LOL

Good job Dooms

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
we're kind of a plodding offense with a stunning lack of explosiveness. malcontent Dez has adequate speed at best, T Williams has disappeared for the last month, and the only player with a little pep is a midget with a bad case of the fumbles. nor do we put much pressure on the opposing defense. Philly is at the line in an instant, whereas we huddle up most times and wait for the play clock to expire before snapping the ball, giving the defense a nice long look at what we plan to do. and since NE and Philly thrive with a "WR by committee system," you have to wonder if it's wise to pay Dez $10M+ per season.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
Can anyone name New England's WRs? They benched their only guy with any pedigree (that 2nd round pick from Marshall a few years ago).

Top Bottom