dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Going with Boys, but definitely worried about the game. Eagles OL and McCoy seem to be getting it together and if we don't bother Sanchez more than what we did Manning the other night, could be another long day for defense.

Cant afford to let Eagles have any cheap TD's via returns or turnovers. Their special teams have been making tons of plays, especially compared to ours.

Might be another high scoring game like Sunday night at NYG

Reaction score
Wonder if the team spent time last week preparing for the Eagles, given the short week and the slow start vs NYG. If we don't turn it over, have good punt coverage, and slow down McCoy, then they'll have to depend on Sanchez to win the game for them. I don't think he can beat Romo straight up.

I have a feeling the Cowboys win this one. Maybe wishful thinking since I'll be at the game.

Reaction score
Cowboys win.

The Cowboys offense installed some new plays during their bye and the creativity showed vs. New York. We'll see more vs. the Eagles.

Two routes to a win:

1. Dallas O controls the clock, giving the Eagles O fewer plays and preventing Sanchez from establishing rhythm (giving the Dallas D a fighting chance).

2. Dallas O racks up a high score in a track meet game.

I'd prefer to see #1, but expect to see #2.

When push comes to shove, Dallas won't be willing to leave quick strike points on the table in order to control the game. Explosive big plays from the Dallas O result in relatively fast Dallas scoring drives which leave the Dallas D exposed. The game turns into a track meet. Sanchez isn't good enough to maintain the pace without stumbling. Dallas wins after a few unforced errors from Sanchez.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Yeah, tough one. Ordinarily I'd think we'd win and probably win easily. I mean, Mark Sanchez vs Tony Romo.

But the one wild card is Tony's back on a short week. He's usually not even practicing on Wednesday and now he's playing a real game the day after that. I suspect he'll be okay, but who really knows.

I'll still pick us but I also won't be surprised if Tony moves around like a 60 year old man and we lose.

Reaction score
I'm more concerned about our defense vs that offense.

Especially as the game wears on. Late Sunday game, short week, flying from NY to Dallas vs going against a fast paced offense that doesn't allow for substitutions.... Could spell trouble.

Also, haven't we gone a few games without a turnover? That's due to change.

Reaction score
Cowboys tend to play well on Thanksgiving. I have a hard time believing that Sanchez is good enough to beat the Cowboys...although i thought the same thing about Colt McCoy :/

My guess, Cowboys run the ball alot to play keep away. Close game till dirty Sanchez throws a pick-6.

Romo said they worked on a few new plays over the bye. My guess its plays designed to combat the zero blitz.

I think a half back pass would work...i doubt Garrett would have the balls to run that type of trick play.

Side note, first time all season i listened to the Garrett press conference. Also listened to the players media time...they all sound like Garrett :|

Reaction score
Thinking that Giant game W was an "earned and well fought" victory and not a bunch of sloppy play, there is no way that the Garrett-Dbair gameplan of keeping players and plays radically unchanged no matter what defense they face, or what advantageous talent is currently succeeding on the team, is going to beat an Eagle team who can score and win a game solely with her special teams (not to mention the defense or offense). Philly is going to win, unfortunately,because of Jason and Dbair.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
We had all sorts of problems with the Giants’ hurry-up attack on Sunday night (at least in the first half), and now we face one of the best up-tempo offenses in the league with only a few days to prepare. So my Turkey Day Indigestion Special is ..

Philly 34
Dallas 33

:-(

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I'm dumb. I think the Cowboys win.

You gamblers should bet heavy the other way.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Who you got? Week 13 vB

Bet 'em if you got 'em

I bet the whole wad on Dallas because I think they're not only gonna win, they're gonna smash 'em. Gonna hang a fortyburger on 'em.

Dallas 44
Philadelphia 20

Reaction score
Bet 'em if you got 'em

I bet the whole wad on Dallas because I think they're not only gonna win, they're gonna smash 'em. Gonna hang a fortyburger on 'em.

Dallas 44
Philadelphia 20
Fuck. Haven't you bet it all on Jacksonville and NYG the last two games?

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Fuck. Haven't you bet it all on Jacksonville and NYG the last two games?
Yup. That's why I ain't got no money.

My belief however is, Dallas had a bit of a sloppy time against the Giants mainly because they were looking past them, to these dirty birds and are going to maul accordingly tomorrow.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
I don't buy for a second that we were looking past the Giants.
They'd beat 'em four times straight, and the Giants had lost five straight. They'd won four straight road games. They'd already beat them once this season. There was no real reason for the Dallas players to perceive NY as any kind of threat. And it showed.

Now, it's Dallas beat 'em five times straight, won five straight road games and the Giants have lost six straight.

Reaction score
Still don't buy it.

It was a divisional game. Those are always tough. You throw records out.

We will never be able to prove one way or the other if the team was "looking past the Giants" so let's just agree to disagree.

Top Bottom