bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
nfl-deluxe-replica-helmet-by-riddell-cowboys-d-20060712174235697~2354241w.jpg nfl-deluxe-replica-helmet-by-riddell-jaguars-d-20130822163618793~2354278w.jpg

jones-landry.jpg

unitedkingdom_gl.gif

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
absolutely, which is why they're rushing Romo back

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Really, Dooms?

I think we win comfortably... If we lose this one, we could be looking at an epic collapse.

Reaction score
Browns taking it to Cincy. Pettine's group looks well-coached.

That defense looks solid. Reminds me of the Niners D. You have to work for each yard.

Hate to admit that Hoyer looks good. That scheme when its clicking is almost unstoppable, even with freakin cast-offs and rejects. Lets see if this success holds. As we saw, things can change quickly.

Anyways, i am do not think this Jags team is a lay-up. Cowboys coaching staff has been out coached two weeks in a row.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
That defense looks solid. Reminds me of the Niners D. You have to work for each yard.

Hate to admit that Hoyer looks good. That scheme when its clicking is almost unstoppable, even with freakin cast-offs and rejects.
Really, I think your boy Manziel could do the same thing. Hoyer is a small, mobile guy with a relatively weak arm, just like Johnny. They pretty much have to do all that playaction with rollouts and movement. Other than the inexperience, Manziel should be a better version of Hoyer, as long as he can avoid the impulse throws (as Parcells said about Quincy).

Also, until BB posted the pic up top I totally forgot about those weird Jax multi-colored helmets. We can't lose to those, can we?

Reaction score
Really, I think your boy Manziel (I like him, too) could do the same thing. Hoyer is a small, mobile guy with a relatively weak arm, just like Johnny. They pretty much have to do all that playaction with rollouts and movement. Other than the inexperience, Manziel should be a better version of Hoyer, as long as he can avoid the impulse throws (as Parcells said about Quincy).

Yea, the Browns offense runs the same plays over and over. run to the outside, play action throw to the middle of the field, roll-outs, bubble screen. Thats about it. Simple low risk stuff. Manziel could do all those plus he can throw an accurate deep ball but they gave the nod to the home town hero. Credit to him for taking advantage of his opportunity. Better not get hurt, he wont get it back.

Reaction score
CHANDLER’S CROSS, ENGLAND | Jaguars receiver Cecil Shorts sat out Thursday’s practice with hamstring tightness but anticipates playing Sunday against Dallas.

“I’m taking the day off to rest it and then go out there and practice [Friday] and go from there,” Shorts said. “I felt good waking up this morning and [the trainers] were happy with my strength.”

Hamstring injuries in late July, early September and late September cost Shorts much of training camp and three of the first five regular season games.

Shorts said his experience with the lower body injuries has educated him on when to stop pushing.

“I know when to stop doing stuff because I know my body,” he said.

Said coach Gus Bradley: “I think [sitting out a day] is what’s best for him and then they’ll re-evaluate him. My conversations with him were pretty positive.”

Receiver Marqise Lee returned to full practice after turning an ankle Wednesday.

Right guard Brandon Linder (shoulder) and linebacker Jeremiah George (ankle) did not practice and they remain unlikely to play.

Cowboys’ defense impressive

Last year, Dallas’ defense was historically awful. The Cowboys, in their first season back using a 4-3 scheme, allowed the third-most yards (6,645) and second-most first downs (388) in NFL history and their 4,589 passing yards allowed were worst in franchise history.

This year, the Cowboys rank 13th in yards and tied for second in first downs allowed. Surprisingly, their yards-per-play average is about the same — 6.07 last year (30th) and 6.00 this year (30th).

“They play so hard,” Jaguars offensive coordinator Jedd Fisch said.

“They’re a team that plays with a relentless motor. Year 2 in the system always helps. Really, it’s not that they do that much [scheme-wise], they just do it really well and work really together as a unit.”

Dallas OL plays ‘mean’

The Jaguars are unanimous in saying Dallas’ offensive line is the best they’ve faced this year. And the Cowboys are getting healthy — right tackle Doug Free (foot, out three games) and left guard Ronald Leary (groin, out one game) were upgraded from limited to full practice Thursday.

“They have it all,” Jaguars defensive tackle Red Bryant said. “They do a great job with their scheme and coming off the ball and knocking guys back. And they play mean. We have our work cut out for us.”

Etc.

Defensive end Chris Clemons and linebacker Geno Hayes had Thursday off from practice. Safety Josh Evans (shoulder), quarterback Blake Bortles (left wrist) and linebacker Dekoda Watson (hamstring) were full-go. … With the home game against Buffalo being shifted to London (Oct. 25), the Jaguars’ seven home games next season will be against Indianapolis, Tennessee, Houston, Miami, Atlanta, Carolina and an AFC West team. … Bradley was pleased with Wednesday’s practice, the Jaguars’ first since arriving in England. “I went into it thinking it might take some time to get going at our normal tempo, but we actually jumped into it pretty good,” he said. “I think the guys wanted to get back to work and into a normal routine.” … The Jaguars will check out of their hotel following Friday’s practice and move to a hotel closer to Wembley Stadium. They will have a walk-though at the stadium Saturday.

Reaction score
McClain hasn't practiced all week, and he kinda played like shat the past two weeks.

Doubt he plays today.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Were not going to lose.

It's the Jaguars.

Even Garrett couldn't fuck this up.

A guy with the best RB in the league and one of the best OLs in the league... has the ball on the 3-yard line and it's 2nd and goal, and chooses to pass on both downs, and ends up having to settle for a FG... and ultimately loses the game... you don't think he can fuck shit up?

Rememeber... the Redskins just a couple of short weeks ago WAS the Jaguars.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I don't think Garrett even does anything except clap and hold press conferences since Jerry put a rubber band around his nuts.

Otherwise I'd agree there's no game he couldn't lose.

Top Bottom