Hoofbite

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Saints and Panthers, is it not?

And if Cam Newton blows up I'm going to be pissed. Traded for that fucker and he goes for 4 points.

Dalton against the Jags has to be a lock. Cam better not fucking show up large.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Dude. You trade for Cam, you kind of get what you deserve.

Seriously, I thought he had a chance to be good when he came out but he still has the same terrible mechanics he ever had. He must not work very hard at it.

Last edited:

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Seriously, I thought he had a chance to be good when he came out but he still has the same terrible mechanics he ever had. He must not work very hard at it.
Same terrible mechanics, same poor decision making/indecision. Same bad throws too, like the one he underthrew earlier tonight - would have been a TD, then the one he badly overthrew when he had another man open for a shorter pass.... Idiot Phil the shill Simms blamed it on "when you're a young quarterback these things can happen..." In your 5th year, you're still a "young" quarterback?

These things happen Phil, when you are NOT a quarterback, and Newton is not.

Reaction score
Can’t get up for this game. Have a bad feeling. I tried to rewatch some of the Skins game and had to turn it off. House blitz and Cowboys are running deep vertical routes with no check downs. How poorly prepared the coaching staff had the players is alarming.

Hoofbite

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Dude. You trade for Cam, you kind of get what you deserve.

His mechanics don't mean shit in FF. He was one of the top scoring QBs in both 2012 and 2013.

Reaction score
I can't figure the saints out at all.

Are they good or not?

But I do know I don't want to face them in the playoffs

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Josh Brent got a 1yr extension today. Probably for league minimum, but if the Cowboys don't activate Brent they now own his rights for next yr, he at least gets into the offseason program and through training camp.

Demarcus Lawrence officially activated, Lavar Edwards was released again.

Edwards had to be on the active roster for 10 games in order for TN to cash in on the 7th pick, he's been on it for 7 games. Doubt he makes it back again unless we have some other injuries.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Edwerderespn Ed Werder
The Tony Romo decision expected to be determined pregame tomorrow will be based entirely on pain level, ability to function for 4 quarters
21 minutes ago

Reaction score
Josh Brent got a 1yr extension today. Probably for league minimum, but if the Cowboys don't activate Brent they now own his rights for next yr, he at least gets into the offseason program and through training camp.
Extension is for $750k.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
How can you not like working for Jerry? You get out of prison and he hands you a check for $750,000. He's made more marginal players wealthy than any other owner/GM in the NFL.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Numerous reports saying Romo has been ruled out for today.

I doubt they ever seriously considered playing him. Same report says "better chance he plays next week" but the plane leaves tomorrow. I cant imagine with back problems they want him taking that long flight there. I think unless Weeden just looks horrible and we get blown out today, no chance Romo plays, or even makes the trip to London next week.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
20140617_mje_se2_072.jpg.0_standard_730.0.jpg

BELIEVE

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
We have to root for Brandon Weeden. Think about that for a second. I'll never forgive Jerry......never.

He has had some good games in his career, he wasn't awful every time out.

In fact when looking at his stats/game logs, the two worst games he has played have been the season openers (vs Philly his rookie yr, at Miami last yr). There a handful of pretty good starts in there.

He did look pretty good the other night, granted that was limited time but he made good decisions and threw it with accuracy. He doesn't have to have a monster game for us to win, he just needs to avoid killer turnovers.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I'll say it again... Weeden may not be good, but he's not as horrible as everyone makes him out to be. His name just turned into a punch line and that took on a life of its own.

And you know what, I'm not sure blitzing him isn't better for us. I feel like he had more problems when no one is really open and he holds the ball too long. But if the throw is clear to make, he can throw the football.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
All the focus will be on Weeden, but I'm also concerned about the rest of the team coming off a short week from a very physical game against the Skins. Like dbair said, no Leary either. This would've been a tough game even with Romo.

Still not sure why Vegas had us favored even though we are at home. But both our losses this year have been at home anyway.

Top Bottom