bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
CowBuzz: Blue Jerseys Donned In Rare Consecutive Games

Blues_090914_650.jpg

The Dallas Cowboys travel to Nashville this weekend to face the Tennessee Titans. The last time the team traveled to Tennessee resulted in a 45-14 victory for the Cowboys in 2006 in their traditional white jerseys.

This weekend the Boys will seek their first victory of the season and will also wear their navy jerseys for the first time. They will wear the navy jerseys two more times, on the road next week versus the St. Louis Rams and at home on Thanksgiving Day against the Philadelphia Eagles. The last time the Cowboys wore navy jerseys in back-to-back games was in December of 2005 against the Washington Redskins and then again verus the Carolina Panthers the following week.

Much is made of Cowboys “navy jersey curse” from fans. Some fans believe the navy jerseys are bad luck. More information on the history of the navy jersey and why we wear it so few times each season here.

Kickoff is at noon and the high temperature is expected to be 78 degrees, so the heat that sometimes becomes a factor when the navy jerseys are worn shouldn’t be play a role.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
bbgun said:
Kickoff is at noon and the high temperature is expected to be 78 degrees, so the heat that sometimes becomes a factor when the navy jerseys are worn shouldn’t be play a role.
But being out of shape anyway, will.

Mr Cowboy

ONLY THE BEST
Reaction score
Garrett and Linehan are gonna unleash the 2 TE mismatches on the Titans..... watch out!

Reaction score
Garrett and Linehan are gonna unleash the 2 TE mismatches on the Titans..... watch out!

I thought the same thing. Not sure if you are serious but I have feeling it's going to be Witten and, at times, Escobar for third downs, Hanna for mismatches. Witten/Escobar or Witten/Hanna. I'm guessing no fullback this week and Beasely will alternate with TWilly on the outside.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
I've never bought in to the Jinx. Jimmy never did either and pretty much put it to bed.

You're losing because you suck, not because of some fictional jinx.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
I've never bought in to the Jinx

well the Rams do, because there's no reason to wear white at home in an air-conditioned dome. they did so a few years ago too (the Brad Johnson game :facepalm)

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
well the Rams do, because there's no reason to wear white at home in an air-conditioned dome. they did so a few years ago too (the Brad Johnson game )
Oh yeah other teams clearly do.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I thought the same thing. Not sure if you are serious but I have feeling it's going to be Witten and, at times, Escobar for third downs, Hanna for mismatches. Witten/Escobar or Witten/Hanna. I'm guessing no fullback this week and Beasely will alternate with TWilly on the outside.

Escobar got 9 plays on offense last week. I read somewhere Clutts had only one or two snaps.

Top Bottom