Reaction score
The Dallas Cowboys may be more than a decade removed from success on the field. But they continues to be one of the world's top financial success stories of all time.

In Forbes annual ranking of the world's most valuable sports teams, the Cowboys rank 5th at a value of $2.3 billion. That ranks second among teams in the United States (the New York Yankees rank 4th at a value of $2.5 billion), and the highest of any NFL team. Spanish soccer powers Real Madrid ($3.44 billion) and Barcelona ($3.2 billion) and English soccer giant Manchester United ($2.81 billion).

Forbes credits the Cowboys' stadium naming rights deal with AT&T at an estimated $500 million as a reason for Dallas' high standing.

"The Cowboys have been the NFL’s most valuable team since 2007 thanks to the league’s highest sponsorship and premium seating revenues—a combined $220 million. The ‘Boys revenue got a boost last summer when owner Jerry Jones inked a 25-year stadium naming rights deal with AT&T worth $500 million. The club has the top operating income in sports at $251 million for the 2012 season."
Two of the other NFC East teams rank in the top 10, with the Washington Redskins ($1.7 billion) and New York Giants ($1.55 billion) listed at Nos. 9 and 10 respectively. The Patriots ($1.8 billion, at No. 8, are the other NFL team that enjoys top 10 status.

One other interesting aspect of the rankings. According to Forbes, the Cowboys are the highest ranked team to be owned by one man. Real Madrid and Barcelona are owned by club members and Manchester United and the Yankees are owned by families.
The top also includes the Los Angeles Dodgers (No. 6) and German soccer power Bayern Munich (No. 7).

Last edited:

Rynie

In the Rotation
Reaction score
Have you guys ever looked at the seat license prices? Shits out of control. For example: the section on the 50 yard line, 2nd level is $150,00 PER SEAT!!! This is why we have fans that don't even know when to cheer.

bvhawkeye

In the Rotation
Reaction score
And Jerry is millions in debt because of that joke of a stadium he built.

He wants to make $$$

He doesn't give a damn if we win or not, as long as we make $$$

junk

UDFA
Reaction score
I bet that stadium is close to paid for

He wants to win but on his terms. He wants to have fun and give all his kids jobs

Rynie

In the Rotation
Reaction score
Yeah...but the city of Arlington is paying for some of that. That's why the stadium isn't in dallas...that bitch Laura Miller wouldn't go for what Jerry was wanting. That stadium belongs in downtown dallas.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
It cost over a billion to build, I think he's deep in debt
Umm, no. It's mostly the taxpayers of Arlington, city sales taxes and a special hotel and rental car tax they voted to increase. In fact the city of Arlington owns the stadium, Jerry doesn't.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
It cost over a billion to build, I think he's deep in debt

I think he only paid something like 600 million of that, though. And Forbes says the team makes $251 mil per year.

And I doubt that includes all the revenue from concerts, Final Four, college football, etc.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
That stadium belongs in downtown dallas.
Yeah, except the Dallas City Commission wouldn't even let the voters decide and flat out rejected Jerry's plan to build the new stadium in Fair Park, which was a deal almost identical to the one Arlington voters approved..

pdom

UDFA
Reaction score
Umm, no. It's mostly the taxpayers of Arlington, city sales taxes and a special hotel and rental car tax they voted to increase. In fact the city of Arlington owns the stadium, Jerry doesn't.

Yeah, relatively speaking, I don't think jones is in any deeper debt than your typical American homeowner.

I'm positive the revenue more than pays for his regular payments.

Rynie

In the Rotation
Reaction score
Yeah, except the Dallas City Commission wouldn't even let the voters decide and flat out rejected Jerry's plan to build the new stadium in Fair Park, which was a deal almost identical to the one Arlington voters approved..

I know. I'm just saying with as modern as dallas skyline is...and Cowboys stadium...it would be a perfect fit aesthetically.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
I know. I'm just saying with as modern as dallas skyline is...and Cowboys stadium...it would be a perfect fit aesthetically.
We can't blame Jerry for the Dallas city council being total idiots. Imagine a new stadium at Fair Park.

Rynie

In the Rotation
Reaction score
I sat next to Laura Miller and her family once at gloria's. I really wanted to troll them by talking loudly about how much of a bitch she was. I kept my mouth shut, though. Yes, the stadium at fair park would look nice while getting rid of a large part of the ghetto at the same time.

Top Bottom