Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
This is for the haters, you Romo apologists and defenders.

My moment when I finally realized this dude was always, ever gonna choke. (No, the 2008 choke pick against Pittsburgh didn't wake me up, I was still a Romosapien apologist back then) 9/11/2011 vs. the Jets. First game of the season and Dallas had a 14 point lead at one point, but a Romo fumble and a blocked punt had put the game in Romo's hands in the last minute of the contest. Dallas had the ball at its own 40-yard line with 59 seconds to go, when Romo throws a terrible pass intended for Dez Bryant, right into the hands of Darrelle Revis and the Jets go on to kick the field goal to win the game, 27-24.

[video=youtube_share;IU8KC3oDv3s]http://youtu.be/IU8KC3oDv3s[/video]

I was very nearly physically ill after seeing this live, as the realization hit me that this.... This IS Romo.

Then just a couple of weeks later Dallas had complete command of the game vs Detroit on October 2 2011. The score mid-way through the third quarter was 27-3 as Romo had pretty much had his way with the (at that time) porous Detroit secondary.

Then in just six minutes of game clock time, Romo offers up TWO pick sixes - one to former Cowboy Bobby Carpenter, and another to Chris Houston. Both were just dunderhead throws, no excuse for them at all, and Detroit caught fire as the commanding 24 point Dallas lead was now only ten.

Highlight reel of infamous late game Romo picks.

http://youtu.be/CEzQIKY42CM

Share your own Romo Realization moment here.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
You know that Jets frickup was on Dez as much (probably more, maybe all) as Romo, right?

He has had some boneheaded picks like the one against Washington a couple years ago if you want to talk about pure brainfarts.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
You know that Jets frickup was on Dez as much (probably more, maybe all) as Romo, right?

?

Dez didn't run the wrong route or anything. he was just covered like a blanket by an elite CB. Tony forced it anyway.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
It was a sight adjustment and they didn't see it the same way. You think a smart eight year vet QB read it wrong and the second year not-the-brightest WR got it right?

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
Dez was playing on a bad ankle at that point and was double covered. He was never open on that route. Tony (and his admirers) has a bad habit on blaming receivers whenever he screws up.

boozeman

Draft Pick
Reaction score
It was the pick against Washington to close out the 2012 season for me. He totally was baited on that one.

I can live with a guy like Revis doing it. But not some average guy from the Redskins that about 10 years from now you will not even remember.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Three first half Romo picks including the pick six to Jean Pierre-Paul put the Cowboys in a 23-0 hole they never dug out of on Oct. 28, 2012. Final score 29-24.

http://youtu.be/KIYioe-xp04

Yes, it was a freakishly inhuman play by JPP. Get the fucking ball UP, Romo. Or at least do a quick pump fake to make these tall monsters JUMP first, then throw. All your years of playing quarterback and I've never seen you do that. You just never, ever learn from your mistakes.

Reaction score
You guys can believe In fairy tales and whatnot.

Dblair likes to think Denver triple teamed Gavin fucking escobar.

Bbgun likes to dance around any credit romo might be owed. All of the sudden hea a dez sympathizer

"assigning blame" probably doesn't even get done much internally. They just hit the film room and work on their timing best they can. Romo chucks it 50 yards down the field and miles Austin doesn't run under the ball right. that's not choking that's just football. However I've noticed late game tightness in romo that you assbutts never did, like trying to pump fake but losing the ball nearly throwing a butterfly over the teeth of the defense. Or he'll throw it away way too early on a first down.

This high wire act we play always results in great moments and bad moments. Thing is when you say the good moments don't matter to you then wtf

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
You think a smart eight year vet QB read it wrong and the second year not-the-brightest WR got it right?
I think the "smart" guy missed the wide open Jason Witten on that play. And threw the ball in way too big of a hurry under NO pressure, right into double coverage.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
This high wire act we play always results in great moments and bad moments. Thing is when you say the good moments don't matter to you then wtf
Nobody's mucking up your attaboy Romo thread. Why are you mucking up this one? No one here has said the good moments don't matter. Are you Romo lovers really this touchy?

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
Bbgun likes to dance around any credit romo might be owed. All of the sudden hea a dez sympathizer

:lol

I've bashed Dez plenty, esp for his juvenile behavior. The fact is that whenever Tony throws a pick, he and his defenders look for a scapegoat to share the blame. it's getting tiresome.

Reaction score
:lol

I've bashed Dez plenty, esp for his juvenile behavior. The fact is that whenever Tony throws a pick, he and his defenders look for a scapegoat to share the blame. it's getting tiresome.

I know you bash dez plenty you bash romo plenty too :p

Reaction score
I honestly have no idea if he is. Our organization is just bizarre.

You don't think he could've won it In 2005 or 2009? He doesn't have 3-4 good games in a row in him?

Top Bottom