Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
He's from my alma mater, he is 6-5, 230 with a rocket arm. Undrafted, coming out of a Div2 school that runs the air raid offense.

Dallas signed him to a tiny free agent deal and hopefully we'll see him alot in preseason. Gives me a reason to be excited about Dallas this summer.

13367469.jpg

I think this is your next Dallas QB people. Dude is and has been a winner and is a fierce competitor. Took his team to the Div 2 semifinals in 2012 and had it in the playoffs every year he played.

Watch out for him.

NoDak

UDFA
Reaction score
I think this is your next Dallas QB people. Dude is and has been a winner and is a fierce competitor. Took his team to the Div 2 semifinals in 2012 and had it in the playoffs every year he played.

Seriously? I'm an NDSU Bison fan, and Brock Jensen led them to three straight DIV 1 FCS championships. He was also a winner and fierce competitor. Doesn't mean I think he'll make it as an NFL QB.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
By all accounts he has a great arm but lousy accuracy... That usually doesn't work in the NFL.
At the combine as a thrower he was deadly accurate. The dude throws BBs. Give him a couple of years on the roster, learning. If we can waste four years on Stephen McGee we can spend some time with Dustin. His accuracy was never in question in college.
Seriously? I'm an NDSU Bison fan, and Brock Jensen led them to three straight DIV 1 FCS championships. He was also a winner and fierce competitor. Doesn't mean I think he'll make it as an NFL QB.
I guess you can't explain Romo then.

Jensen is getting his shot with Miami, last I heard. He's from my college's old conference, the Missouri Valley Conference. What reason would you have thinking he might not be able to cut it in the pros? He's got as good of a shot as anyone.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Has all of the tools to be solid. Big kid with a bigger arm. Things going against him are lack of accuracy, piss poor QB coach, and dumbass Head Coach slash "leader of men".

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Has all of the tools to be solid. Big kid with a bigger arm. Things going against him are lack of accuracy, piss poor QB coach, and dumbass Head Coach slash "leader of men".
I only hope they decide to keep him around. He is a solid kid and I just have a instinct about him. Kurt Warner type of instinct.

boozeman

Draft Pick
Reaction score
The QB position is so hard to evaluate and even guys with Howitzer arms and uncanny accuracy never make it. So few QBs come out of each draft, it is simply pointless to look beyond the first five to six highest ranked and even those guys don't pan out when it is said and done.

Then you see other guys who couldn't hit the broad side of a barn like say Dan Orlovsky have 8-10 careers as a third stringer. Makes you wonder sometimes.

NoDak

UDFA
Reaction score
I guess you can't explain Romo then.
Romo is an extreme exception to the rule. I hope you don't think his story is even remotely close to the norm.
Jensen is getting his shot with Miami, last I heard. He's from my college's old conference, the Missouri Valley Conference. What reason would you have thinking he might not be able to cut it in the pros? He's got as good of a shot as anyone.
No, he doesn't have as good of a shot as anyone. Neither does Vaughn. If they did, they would have played at a much bigger/better school. It's no coincidence you rarely hear of QBs making the jump from that level of competition to the NFL. And that's only making it as a backup. You're calling for Vaughn to be our starter? Ok then.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
No, he doesn't have as good of a shot as anyone. Neither does Vaughn. If they did, they would have played at a much bigger/better school. It's no coincidence you rarely hear of QBs making the jump from that level of competition to the NFL. And that's only making it as a backup. You're calling for Vaughn to be out starter? Ok then.
Actually Vaughan was heavily recruited by the Big Schools, chose Division 2. Don't know Jensen's deal.
You're calling for Vaughn to be out starter?
Certainly not immediately. I only said, this could be your next Dallas QB. He definitely bears watching.
Romo is an extreme exception to the rule. I hope you don't think his story is even remotely close to the norm.
I sure don't and never said so.

NoDak

UDFA
Reaction score
Actually Vaughan was heavily recruited by the Big Schools, chose Division 2.
He chose Div II over a big school? Being retarded certainly doesn't help his chances of making it in the NFL.

Certainly not immediately. I only said, this could be your next Dallas QB. He definitely bears watching.
No, what you said is that you THINK this is our next Dallas QB. Not that he COULD be. There's a difference.
I sure don't and never said so.
So why try and use Romo as an example when talking about Vaughan then? Hey, did you hear about that guy in Ohio that won the lottery? I think I will be next. I have as good a shot as anyone.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
[video=youtube_share;O1h_JFtJUlU]http://youtu.be/O1h_JFtJUlU[/video]

Deep throw accuracy question answered at the :54 mark.

[video=youtube_share;3sBXKL9VFHU]http://youtu.be/3sBXKL9VFHU[/video]

He's got alot to learn but he is a sponge. Has some old habits needing broken as well.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
So why try and use Romo as an example when talking about Vaughan then? Hey, did you hear about that guy in Ohio that won the lottery? I think I will be next. I have as good a shot as anyone.
Romo was a example not of Vaughan, but of your automatic dismissal of any QB coming from one of the smaller schools.
He chose Div II over a big school? Being retarded certainly doesn't help his chances of making it in the NFL.
He's anything but retarded, Academic all-American. His focus wasn't football first and foremost, it was education and staying closer to home.

Why sit on the bench at let's say, Texas Tech for three years when you can come in and play as a Sophomore?
No, what you said is that you THINK this is our next Dallas QB. Not that he COULD be. There's a difference.
There's not any difference at all. I do think this is your next Dallas QB. I didn't say anything at all about time frame. Shoot, give him Romo's time frame and we're looking at 2017.

I DO keep Crow in my freezer, and can prepare it to your liking. This is from experience of my own, having had to eat alot of it over the years.

junk

UDFA
Reaction score
Romo is such a unique case. Compare his size/stats to some of the other FCS studs over the years. He doesn't jump out. Plenty of Payton Award winners with gaudier stats that didn't make it.

He had some advantages. Namely coaching and patience. Payton, Lee and even Parcells plus all the old vets that were around to mentor him

I think you could find another guy that way. You just need patience and good coaching. Dallas doesn't have that

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
You sure his "fellow alum" status isn't swaying you a bit? A lot of tall guys with strong arms enter the draft every year and then fade into obscurity. Or, in the case of Hogeboom, they beat the odds, but don't have any touch on the ball. BTW, does he have any mobility?

NoDak

UDFA
Reaction score
Romo was a example not of Vaughan, but of your automatic dismissal of any QB coming from one of the smaller schools./
I wasn't dismissing anybody making it. I was addressing you and your proclamation of our next QB. The guy is a DIV II UDFA. I'd say the same thing about a DIV I QB drafted in the 4th round. That the chance of him becoming the starter is iffy. Certainly not enough to proclaim him the future starter before taking his first training camp snap.

I do think this is your next Dallas QB.
Cool. And this is the entire reason for this discussion. Not Romo. Not the timeframe of whether or not this guy will ever amount to anything. Not you thinking I'm automatically dismissing every UDFA QB. Just my questioning your anointing this guy our future QB.

Top Bottom