Reaction score
Appearantly he tried 5. He nailed the first one down the middle from 23 yards. Then . . .

BryanBroaddus

Another day of practice and another day of misses for David Buehler. He just missed four straight all under 40 yards.

espn_macmahon

Cowboys have a kicker crisis. David Buehler just missed four straight FGs. None from long range.

---------------------

Jerry . . . screw your instincts. Sign a kicker.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Apparently Wade was saying the wind was a factor, but I'd guess if he misses any more FG's this weekend he may be replaced for field goals during the bye week.

C

Cr122

Apparently Wade was saying the wind was a factor, but I'd guess if he misses any more FG's this weekend he may be replaced for field goals during the bye week.

You would have to, even though Jerry said he would see it through.

It's obvious he isn't the field goal kicker they expected.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
You would have to, even though Jerry said he would see it through.

It's obvious he isn't the field goal kicker they expected.

I was pretty impressed during preseason. He had the one bad kick (his only miss) and absolutely was mashing the ball on kickoffs. I thought he had a great game vs Miami. Made all 4 kicks, and drilled two pressure kicks at the end of each half.

I'd hate to give up on him too soon, as I have thought all along since they dumped Folk. If they couldnt IR him, they should have just deactivated him the rest of last yr and let him come back with us. I think he's made every kick in the two games the Jets have played so far.

C

Cr122

I was pretty impressed during preseason. He had the one bad kick (his only miss) and absolutely was mashing the ball on kickoffs. I thought he had a great game vs Miami. Made all 4 kicks, and drilled two pressure kicks at the end of each half.

I'd hate to give up on him too soon, as I have thought all along since they dumped Folk. If they couldnt IR him, they should have just deactivated him the rest of last yr and let him come back with us. I think he's made every kick in the two games the Jets have played so far.

Your right, we should of deactivated Folk, I was one of the many that wanted him gone, but look at him now.

tiny tim

Practice Squad
Reaction score
This is sad news for me :( I was really hoping and thinking that he was going to be an awesome field goal kicker. Well I will see how he does against the Texans this sunday if the Cowboys do have a chance to kick any field goals.

Cythim

Reaction score
I'll bet some people are howling that he was working on his mechanics and kicks in practice mean nothing.

sbk92

Reaction score
Wade's got his excuse....

Wade blames wind for David Buehler's day

By Tim MacMahon

IRVING, Texas -- The Cowboys could lose a game due to kicking, but Wade Phillips apparently won’t lose any sleep over David Buehler’s field goal follies.

Phillips essentially shrugged his shoulders when asked about Buehler’s poor practice.

“We dropped a couple of passes today, too,” Phillips said. “I’m concerned with those.”

Phillips might have just set an NFL record for faultiest logic.

Buehler made a 23-yarder and then missed his next four kicks. None of the misses were from longer than 40 yards. That seems like something worth worrying about, especially since Buehler missed a key kick in each of the Cowboys’ two losses.

If a receiver drops four straight passes in practice, my suggestion is that he shouldn’t be thrown the ball with the game on the line. If the Cowboys need a clutch field goal, Buehler is the only option currently on the roster.

A lot of coaches would consider other options if their struggling kicker went 1-of-5 in practice. Phillips offers excuses and encouragement.

“You know, the wind was blowing today,” Phillips said. “The further you get out, the tougher it is. But that’s part of it. He needs to make all he can.”

According to weather.com, wind gusts reached the mid-teens Wednesday at Valley Ranch. But it sounds like the winds of change won’t be blowing when it comes to the kicker.

SixisBetter

Anywhere on the line.
Reaction score
Wade's got his excuse....

Wade blames wind for David Buehler's day

By Tim MacMahon

IRVING, Texas -- The Cowboys could lose a game due to kicking, but Wade Phillips apparently won’t lose any sleep over David Buehler’s field goal follies.

Phillips essentially shrugged his shoulders when asked about Buehler’s poor practice.

“We dropped a couple of passes today, too,” Phillips said. “I’m concerned with those.Plus,I like Tater Tots.”

Phillips might have just set an NFL record for faultiest logic.

Buehler made a 23-yarder and then missed his next four kicks. None of the misses were from longer than 40 yards. That seems like something worth worrying about, especially since Buehler missed a key kick in each of the Cowboys’ two losses.

If a receiver drops four straight passes in practice, my suggestion is that he shouldn’t be thrown the ball with the game on the line. If the Cowboys need a clutch field goal, Buehler is the only option currently on the roster.

A lot of coaches would consider other options if their struggling kicker went 1-of-5 in practice. Phillips offers excuses and encouragement.

“You know, the wind was blowing today,” Phillips said. “The further you get out, the tougher it is. But that’s part of it. He needs to make all he can.”

According to weather.com, wind gusts reached the mid-teens Wednesday at Valley Ranch. But it sounds like the winds of change won’t be blowing when it comes to the kicker.

There.That's better.

Top Bottom