dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
NFL to penalize use of racial slur

Updated: February 22, 2014, 9:30 AM ET

ESPN.com news services

The head of the Fritz Pollard Alliance, which monitors diversity in the NFL, expects the league to institute a rule where players would be penalized 15 yards for using the N-word on the field.

John Wooten, the head of the Fritz Pollard Alliance, anticipates that the NFL's competition committee will enact the rule at the owners' meeting next month.

Wooten, who previously has urged all players to stop using the N-word, thinks the NFL will rule an automatic 15-yard penalty for first-time offenders and an ejection for second infractions.

"I will be totally shocked if the competition committee does not uphold us on what we're trying to do," Wooten said, according to CBSSports.com. "We want this word to be policed from the parking lot to the equipment room to the locker room.

"Secretaries, PR people, whoever, we want it eliminated completely and want it policed everywhere."

Wooten thinks the competition committee will officially agree to the rule next month before presenting it to the owners.

"I think they're going to do what needs to be done here," he said. "There is too much disrespect in the game."

Information from The Associated Press contributed to this report.

Reaction score
"Secretaries, PR people, whoever, we want it eliminated completely and want it policed everywhere."
So what happens when someone is blasting their ghetto rap in their Beats and it can be heard by everyone in a 5-foot radius? Does that count?

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I help coach the local JuCo team (I know, I'm a big deal) and I hear that word about 180 times every single game. Then I come home and hear my half-black kids say it another 30. They even refer to my dog that way which strikes me as bizarre.

Back on point, I don't see the NFL being able to stop it anytime soon.

Reaction score
How are they going to police this and not eventually try to police using motherfuckingcocksucker?

Eventually these big NFL dudes are gonna be calling each other sissies and losers.

Top Bottom