Reaction score
Verified

@MikeGarafolo·
Cowboys will add former Giants TE coach Mike Pope to Jason Garrett's staff. Replaces Wes Phillips, who went to Washington.

Jon88

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
As soon as I learned of this move I got visions of deck chairs and the Titanic.

What that means, I don't know.

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
Just friended him on Facebook.

Got same amount of sources again.

cmd34(work)

Draft Pick
Reaction score
The difference between Wes Phillips and Mike Pope will be what pushes us into the playoffs. You heard it here first.

NoShame

UDFA
Reaction score
I actually like this move... Maybe he'll be able to turn Escobar into something.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
Between him and Kiffin, there will be a run on Geritol in the Metroplex.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Between him and Kiffin, there will be a run on Geritol in the Metroplex.

The people that make these are happy to have them here.

diaper.depends

Reaction score
Escobar is catholic. He will do anything Pope says.

Similar to Jason Garrett though is the question of qualification. What great TE work has come out of NY? Shockey? Bennett? Ballard. Boss? Not exactly knocking on any Pro bowl or Hall of fame doors. What has Pope done except been Jason's friend?

Reaction score
Just read this about Pope.

Pope is considered one of the best tight ends coaches in the NFL, and has developed players like Pro Bowlers Mark Bavaro, Ben Coates, Stephen Alexander, Rodney Holman and Jeremy Shockey.

Hmmm. Not bad. Very different players, except they are all very good receiving TEs.

junk

UDFA
Reaction score
Just read this about Pope.

Hmmm. Not bad. Very different players, except they are all very good receiving TEs.

Pope has done good work and is a former Parcells guy. Garrett, since he has so little experience in the league, really has few guys he's associated with, but he has worked with Pope. It is a pretty good fit although he's old.

Top Bottom