Cowboysrule122

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Scouting director Tom Ciskowski remains in charge of the draft board, although rising personnel star Will McClay is in the mix.

Cowboys owner Jerry Jones said Monday at the Senior Bowl that McClay deserves credit for bringing in the “street” players the Cowboys had to use during the season because of injury.

“Will did a great job of bringing in players throughout the year, which is really zeroing in on a lot of his responsibility,” Jones said. “And he did a great job of evaluating free agents, evaluating players that are out there.

“But as we look at the draft, not necessarily free agency, but as we look at the draft, this would be a big emphasis and is the culmination of a lot of work of these drafts and the head of our scouting, Tom Ciskowski.”

McClay is the assistant director of player personnel. Stephen Jones is the director of personnel.

“Ciskowski’s in charge of college scouting, and this is his big time to put together that board,” Jones said.

Asked if McClay will put together the final board for May, Jones said, “No. That’s Ciskowski.”

Jones elaborated: “The board is a product of a lot of people’s input – of all our scouts, and to some degree, coaches. When you say, ‘put the board together,’ you’ve been through that and you understand how that works, and you’re continually doing that position by position. Tom will continue to be the guy that we look to that is ultimately the manager of the board.”

Ciskowski interviewed for the general manager position with the Indianapolis Colts last year. He has been the Cowboys' scouting director since 2008.

-- Carlos Mendez

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Probably nothing wrong with Ciskowki, McClay or any of the scouts.

Its the guy writing the checks who's the issue.

Cowboysrule122

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Probably nothing wrong with Ciskowki, McClay or any of the scouts.

Its the guy writing the checks who's the issue.

Right, because Jerruh gets the final say. So, why doesn't he run the draft board and do the scouting.

Reaction score
Jones elaborated: “The board is a product of a lot of people’s input – of all our scouts, and to some degree, coaches. When you say, ‘put the board together,’ you’ve been through that and you understand how that works, and you’re continually doing that position by position. Tom will continue to be the guy that we look to that is ultimately the manager of the board.”
Jerry has nothing to do with the board... then when it comes time to make the pick, who's making the call?

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Jerry has nothing to do with the board... then when it comes time to make the pick, who's making the call?

I dunno, in that old Peter King article from 2002, Jerry "broke the tie" between Buchanon and Jammer when the scouts and coaches were all arguing about who was better. And I kind of doubt anything has changed from back then.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I think he does have good ball skills (former WR) and benefited from LSU's good front. But yeah, his athletic numbers are way below most top 6-8 type corners.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I dunno, in that old Peter King article from 2002, Jerry "broke the tie" between Buchanon and Jammer when the scouts and coaches were all arguing about who was better. And I kind of doubt anything has changed from back then.

Thought they were deciding between Jammer and Roy Williams before the draft, and Jammer went before we picked anyway

Jon88

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
We gave up two picks for this dumb son of a bitch who can't even stay on the field and when he is on the field he isn't very good.

Fuck our stupid motherfucking GM.

Top Bottom