Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
Which ones are fired, or will be fired?

We know Garrett is staying, I would hope Miranelli is kept.

I'vecread that Callahan and Kiffin will be fired. How in the holy fuck can Jones explain away Jason Garrett's failures by blaming injuries, but continue to fire defensive coordinators when they are directly effected by said injuries?

Has anyone in the media asked him that?

Jon88

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I alerted the team that they needed to fire Kiffin and Callahan. My source is saying they may and they may not .

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Fisher reported that people at VR want us to hire Norv as OC and can Callahan. Asst OL coach would becomes fulltime OL coach.

Not really sure what will happen with Kiffin, Glazer says he is gone though. Maybe Marinelli gets promoted to DC.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
ESPN is saying Marinelli is going to Tampa with Lovie, guess we must have let him leave if this is true.

If so wonder if that means somebody like Gregg Williams will be our new DC. You'd think they might scrap the zone Cover-2 scheme because the CB's excel in man coverage.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Just read the Browns are going to hire a DC before the hire a HC, supposedly just fired Jim Schwartz will be the new DC. they are letting Ray Horton and all the other assistants walk though, including Norv.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
So ESPN said Marinelli is really gone? Wow. Surprised we'd let him go, unless he made that deal with Jerry when he signed last year.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
So ESPN said Marinelli is really gone? Wow. Surprised we'd let him go, unless he made that deal with Jerry when he signed last year.

Maybe. Or maybe they let him go because they know he's gonna be pissed anyway when we shitcan Kiffin.

boozeman

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Maybe. Or maybe they let him go because they know he's gonna be pissed anyway when we shitcan Kiffin.

Or just because it is retarded to keep a coach that doesn't want to be around.

Now, he had better fire Kiffin. He absolutely has to if he has even 1/4th of a brain.

boozeman

Draft Pick
Reaction score
I'd take Ray Horton as DCU yesterday.

That would make ultimate sense since we have gone after him two other times.

It could also mean a return to the 3-4, which is what I would prefer honestly given the shambles our front seven is in.

Ultimately, we don't have the linemen or linebackers to run Kiffin's D. No way.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I wish we knew for sure what Kiffin's status even is. I thought a bunch of reports said he only signed a one-year deal anyway.

If he is still signed, I hope this doesn't drag out like the John Garrett thing last year where Jerry basically says "You need to go find another job" so he can avoid paying him to sit at home. Problem is, nobody else will want to hire him, so Jerry would have to pull the trigger anyway. But by that time some good people could be gone.

boozeman

Draft Pick
Reaction score
I wish we knew for sure what Kiffin's status even is. I thought a bunch of reports said he only signed a one-year deal anyway.

If he is still signed, I hope this doesn't drag out like the John Garrett thing last year where Jerry basically says "You need to go find another job" so he can avoid paying him to sit at home. Problem is, nobody else will want to hire him, so Jerry would have to pull the trigger anyway. But by that time some good people could be gone.

If he just lets Marinelli out of his contract, he needs to eat Kiffin's contract no matter what and fire him.

But he's demonstrating he is a cheapskate with coaching contracts, it is becoming clear.

That's why practically every head coach he has ever hired has had to inherit somebody, especially if they were paid well.

But hey, Jerry will do anything to win. He will spend all this money and stuff.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Bryan Broaddus @BryanBroaddus

DL coach is under contract till 2014. If he goes it's because Jones allowed. Just asked sources and they said they don't believe that's case

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Weird twitter thing going on maybe someone can help with. On my I-phone on the DC.com site there are two tweets fom Broaddus up where he is addressing questions from someone named "silverandbluedc"

First question "any idea why Cowboys private plane at Colorado airport today? Local newsman says possibly Shanahan"- Broaddus responds by saying "Family likes to ski"

The follow up from the same guy says "wrong airport for a ski trip, certainly Cowboys can land closer to slopes than Englewood CO". Broaddus responds "they can at that"

The weird thing is when I went on my PC to copy paste and post it, it isn't there. Both of them on my I-Phone say they were posted within the last hour.

Top Bottom