Cowboysrule122

Draft Pick
Reaction score
By Tim MacMahon | ESPNDallas.com

CHICAGO -- The playoff scenarios aren't very complicated, as far as the Dallas Cowboys are concerned.

"We've got to win out," quarterback Tony Romo told ESPNDallas.com after Monday night's 45-28 loss to the Chicago Bears. "That's our approach. We need to do that. I think we have that mindset.

"I think we've had that. Really, a couple of weeks ago, we felt like we needed to win. We did that, so it's going right back into it."

The 7-6 Cowboys, who missed the playoffs the last two seasons after losing regular-season finales that were de facto NFC East title games, dropped a game behind the 8-5 Philadelphia Eagles in the division standings. Those teams will meet Week 17 at the Cowboys' AT&T Stadium in another potential win-or-go-home game.

Because the Cowboys won in Philadelphia on Oct. 20, Dallas controls its own playoff destiny. However, the only way the Cowboys are guaranteed to end a three-year postseason drought is to win its final three games.

"We've got to win them all at this point," cornerback Orlando Scandrick said. "We can't sit around and wait for Philadelphia to lose."

Added defensive end DeMarcus Ware: "We just feel like we don't want any margin of error. We want to win out and control our own destiny. That's just the bottom line."

The Eagles have an NFL-best five-game winning streak. Philadelphia faces the 3-9-1 Minnesota Vikings on the road and the 7-6 Bears at home before finishing the regular season against the Cowboys.

The Cowboys play the 6-6-1 Green Bay Packers at home and the 3-10 Washington Redskins on the road before hosting the Eagles.

A wild-card berth is not a realistic scenario for the Cowboys. Those spots are currently held by the Carolina Panthers and San Francisco 49ers, a pair of teams with 9-4 records.

"If we can't lose a division game, we can't have another loss that Green Bay would give us, then it looks like we've got to just carry it on out," owner/general manager Jerry Jones said, referring to winning the final three games of the regular season. "But that seems a little empty right this minute, right after we've just seen us have the inability to get a stop out here. That's very frustrating. I can almost say it's understandable, but that doesn't make it acceptable."

Reaction score
I am somewhat pleased to see that the media is starting to come round on Tony Romo.

Instead of blaming him, recent coverage seems to cast Romo as a talented guy who is in a bad situation (inferior front office and inadequate supporting cast).

As far as Romo's "legacy" goes, I think the realistic best case is that he'll be remembered as his generation's Archie Manning (without the sons).

Reaction score
Yeah, watching the pregame last night, with the exception of Tom Jackson, everyone seemed to be in the "This isn't so much Tony's fault" camp.

Cowboysrule122

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Hey, what about winning one game at a time? Isn't that what this teams all about, it's a process.

Jon88

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
They're trained to say the right things to the media, that's for sure.

It's one big ass circus act.

Reaction score
Yeah, watching the pregame last night, with the exception of Tom Jackson, everyone seemed to be in the "This isn't so much Tony's fault" camp.

The same Tom Jackson that made a fool out of himself after Bart Scott accurately called him out for being a shitty "expert"? Yeah I think I can live without that clown endorsing anyone on our team.

On a side note, it's sad that the defense is taking most of the blame today. The only thing Ginger ever really manages not to fuck up is weekly Houdini act of escaping significant blame. The offensive playcalling was absolute shit last night.

Jon88

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
And 1 was when they had backups in and were on autopilot, the other was in garbage time. It should have been 42-14.

This whole team sucks.

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
I haven't watched since Detroit, so I'm good.

Reading that Tony is getting some love from the talking heads is nice.

Its not surprising that Dbair is bashing Tony today. Quick check shows Romo with 27tds and only 7 ints for the year. He's clearly the problem here. How dare he throw 3tds and no picks!!! Need moar yards! Last I checked, yards don't count on the scoreboard.

Fuckin douche.

Reaction score
We scored 28 pts. The defence was clearly the problem last night.

Doesn't tell the story at all. We were getting blown out and they let off. We only scored 14 when the game was in reach. I've come to terms with the defense blowing, but it's ridiculous that the offensive playcalling gets a pass some weeks. I'm sure the intelligent non homers like Norm and Sturm pointed it out today too.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Doesn't tell the story at all. We were getting blown out and they let off. We only scored 14 when the game was in reach. I've come to terms with the defense blowing, but it's ridiculous that the offensive playcalling gets a pass some weeks. I'm sure the intelligent non homers like Norm and Sturm pointed it out today too.

Been in this offense for 7 years, and the Cowboys are no more proficient in it. If anything it just got more predictable.

Reaction score

Good for you. I watched some of the pregame and setup the DVR to to record the game. I planned to watch the game if the result wasn't unpleasant. But I ended up watching much of the game live and that was a major mistake on my part. It was a dreadful game.

SixisBetter

Anywhere on the line.
Reaction score
The offensive playcalling was absolute shit last night.

IMO,it would need an upgrade to be absolute shit.
The team management stinks from top to bottom.
Jerry's way isn't working,isn't going to work.
Fuck these guys,fuck 'em up their stupid asses.

Cowboysrule122

Draft Pick
Reaction score

Its not surprising that Dbair is bashing Tony today. Quick check shows Romo with 27tds and only 7 ints for the year. He's clearly the problem here. How dare he throw 3tds and no picks!!! Need moar yards! Last I checked, yards don't count on the scoreboard.

Fuckin douche.

LOL

Top Bottom