VTA

UDFA
Reaction score
Pope Francis on Tuesday harshly criticized "trickle-down" economics and an unfettered free market, saying a socioeconomic system that leaves the poor with no means to support themselves is a grave sin.

His remarks on economics — part of a longer missive — could place him at odds with many free-market Republicans, The Hill reported.

“Some people continue to defend trickle-down theories which assume that economic growth, encouraged by a free market, will inevitably succeed in bringing about greater justice and inclusiveness in the world,” he wrote in a lengthy statement. “This opinion, which has never been confirmed by the facts, expresses a crude and naive trust in the goodness of those wielding economic power ... Meanwhile, the excluded are still waiting.”

I'm obviously not seeing this in it's entire context, but I would like to know how he followed up this last comment. But given his remark about people 'waiting' I'd have no problem assuming he's promoting trust in some other unified power to satisfy their wait, because as we all know, power doesn't really corrupt and transferring power from one authoritarian source to another is purely Christ-like. Let's take it from a man seated in a power system fought for and won by persecution and pillage and corruption, having it's leader walk about in gem encrusted slippers, gold embroidered hats and fine robes.

In particular, Francis takes sharp aim at spiking levels of income inequality across the world. A host of nations, including the United States, are experiencing record levels of income inequality, as the wealthy have largely recovered from the financial crisis while the lower and middle classes still face significant struggles.

He argued that that inequality is a driving force of global unrest and violence, and cannot be controlled until society adopts a more equal economic blueprint. He called the current socioeconomic system “unjust at its root.”

The Catholic Church, the largest world religion, profiting greatly from pretending to be the intercessory force for the world spent multiplied millions to keep it's pedophiles out of prison, wants people to believe that global unrest is due to an unequal balance of materialism. I thought these guys read the bible.

Link

Reaction score
For one, income inequality is about the same now as it has been since like the 1950s.

For two, its really hard to take economic advice from a religious figure.

For three, I thought this was going to be about Obama when I read the thread title, and fuck Obama.

VTA

UDFA
Reaction score
:lol Sorry to disappoint, concerning big-O.

And you're right; the so-called vicar of Jesus should know better than to rail on politics and economy. Those institutions are corrupt because of immorality, not their simple existence as systems. Man's systems are never the problem, the men who control them are.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
What economic system does he propose?

Besides, it's hardly as if the poor have "no means to support themselves" here. Our poor are vastly better off than the poor in most of the world.

VTA

UDFA
Reaction score
What economic system does he propose?

Besides, it's hardly as if the poor have "no means to support themselves" here. Our poor are vastly better off than the poor in most of the world.

He probably won't propose it yet, but after proving how bad the current state to be the idea of a single world currency that will be controlled centrally by of course a few good men who know what's best for everybody else.

VTA

UDFA
Reaction score
Oh that's right, the Vatican already proposed it...

The Vatican says that if a “world government” isn't created with the ability to cope with large-scale speculation, “A climate will generally progress with growing hostility and even violence to undermine the foundations of democratic institutions”.

The proposal includes a world central bank, taxes on financial transaction proportional to the sophistication of financial products, a fund for the recapitalization of world banks, and different rules for commercial and investment banking.

Link

JBond

UDFA
Reaction score
We give our "poor" places to live, transportation, food, utilities, medical care, phones, cash, and have removed the stigma of living off the hard work of others. What else does the man want? Maybe the fraud that rules a cult riddled with pedophilia should be more concerned with his own house instead of judging others.

The last time I was in Rome the Vatican walls were surrounded by destitute beggars. Maybe they could auction off some of the artwork the Nazi's stole and traded to the cult for safe passage after WWII.

2 Thessalonians 3:10 ESV

For even when we were with you, we would give you this command: If anyone is not willing to work, let him not eat.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I'm obviously not seeing this in it's entire context, but I would like to know how he followed up this last comment. But given his remark about people 'waiting' I'd have no problem assuming he's promoting trust in some other unified power to satisfy their wait, because as we all know, power doesn't really corrupt and transferring power from one authoritarian source to another is purely Christ-like. Let's take it from a man seated in a power system fought for and won by persecution and pillage and corruption, having it's leader walk about in gem encrusted slippers, gold embroidered hats and fine robes.

The Catholic Church, the largest world religion, profiting greatly from pretending to be the intercessory force for the world spent multiplied millions to keep it's pedophiles out of prison, wants people to believe that global unrest is due to an unequal balance of materialism. I thought these guys read the bible.

Link
Catholics are a denomination of the Christian church not a religion in and of itself. Unless you are saying all Christians do the same as the Catholic denomination. Trickle Down economics doesn't work but I agree with you about the hierarchy of the Catholic Church.

VTA

UDFA
Reaction score
Catholics are a denomination of the Christian church not a religion in and of itself. Unless you are saying all Christians do the same as the Catholic denomination. Trickle Down economics doesn't work but I agree with you about the hierarchy of the Catholic Church.

I'm saying the Catholics do things only Catholics do. Other denominations may do some of the same things, i.e. baptism and communion, but no other denomination prays to the dead (saint worship and intercessory prayer of Mary, etc), puts upon it's congregants the idea that a priest stands in the gap for their sins. The replacement theology they espouse concerning Israel, etc... It would take a lot of time to draw contrasts between biblical Christianity and Catholicism that I can't get into right now.

Catholicism is full of true Christians, by virtue of God's grace, not the denomination and I don't feel any way negative Catholics themselves. My mother-in-law is Catholic and she certainly has a better personal walk than I do, by virtue of Gods grace in her nature. It certainly goes to show that despite not having a great intellectual grasp on the bible, you can still walk with God. My concern is this guy, his religion and the people who will follow him into bad practice. He epitomizes man worship.

Reaction score
The Catholic Church hierarchy is a by product of a time when they were worlds rulers.

JBond

UDFA
Reaction score
VTA - I wonder if we will have to bear a mark in order to buy and sell in the new Catholic one world order.

2233 - I take no issue with the individuals in the Catholic church. My wife is a recovering Catholic herself. My issue is with the ungodly demands and actions of the leadership of the church. You have to admit the church has behaved very poorly throughout history, from the religious purges right through to today where they still protect pedophiles. Sure they punished a couple of them after massive negative publicity, but they have chosen to continue to brush most of the issues under the rug.

My wife gave up on the church when her bishop was convicted. She was able to see through years of indoctrination and finally realized the church really did not have its members interests at heart. She realized the odd rituals, prayers to idols, and confessing to random people because they have a white collar was a bunch of bunk. She came to understand the only way to be saved was to admit we are sinners, ask for forgiveness from God and understand that God gave his only son to us and that he died for our sins. Goofy hats and magic grape juice are not going to save anyone.

VTA

UDFA
Reaction score
Either way there will be a choice forced on people and if you don't approve of or comply with this wonderful system, you're going to be left out.

VTA

UDFA
Reaction score

JBond

UDFA
Reaction score
Yes, the PDF is from my church. It is what we teach. Rick Holland is our Pastor. He worked for John MacArthur as his top researcher for years. He moved from LA to my area to provide a safer environment for his boys. Incredible man and a very gifted speaker. His sermons are available on our site.

http://www.missionroadbiblechurch.com/

Reaction score
I take issue with the Catholic hierarchy and I am not comfortable with all their worship practices; you said they were a cult that's just ridiculous.

JBond

UDFA
Reaction score
I take issue with the Catholic hierarchy and I am not comfortable with all their worship practices; you said they were a cult that's just ridiculous.

Forget I said it. It was not intended to upset you, but they do have some very unusual rituals though. Drinking blood and all.

I know many fine Catholics that are terrific people that have the basics down just fine. I attended a Catholic high school. Many great people there. It is not an indictment of the membership, but more so the leadership. Much of my congregation are ex-Catholics.

Last edited:
Top Bottom