Cowboysrule122

Draft Pick
Reaction score
By Tim MacMahon | ESPNDallas.com

IRVING, Texas – Dallas Cowboys coach Jason Garrett called cornerback Orlando Scandrick's performance against the Minnesota Vikings "probably his best game."

Scandrick was credited with five tackles, four passes defensed and an interception in the win, earning the defensive game ball. However, Scandrick isn't sure he agrees with his coach's assessment that it was his best outing.

"I've played good a lot," Scandrick said. "Sometimes they just don't throw the ball to my guy."

One of ProFootballFocus.com's advanced statistics backs up Scandrick's boast. According to the website, Scandrick has allowed only 0.71 yards per coverage snaps this season, the fourth-lowest figure among cornerbacks.

Opponents are 32-of-55 for 276 yards and two touchdowns with two interceptions when targeting Scandrick this season. That opposing passer rating of 68.4 is the 15th lowest among corners.

Teams have had much more success targeting Brandon Carr and Morris Claiborne, both of whom rank among the top 10 corners in yardage allowed.

The Cowboys rank 31st in passing defense, but Scandrick is playing the best football of his six-year career.

"It's the first time I've had a chance to start in five years," Scandrick said. "The other years, it was kind of like I was looking over my shoulder, feeling like I had to play perfect. I'm just playing, man. I'm getting better. It's still competition. But it's like anything, you get better with time."

buckup

Reaction score
I think Scandrick has absolutely been the best CB on the team. Then again Carr gave up more to one WR than most teams do in a week and Claiborne is usually never on the field and when he is probably lying down.

Reaction score
Scandrick, like all Cowboys players, is inconsistant. He's not a bad player by any means.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
the real Scandrick

[video=youtube;IXTl6hByB-s]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IXTl6hByB-s[/video]

boozeman

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Sweet. Now we are giving Scandrick the same idiotic lauding that was given to Brandon Carr the week before Megatron ripped him a new one.

Did he play a good game? Sure.

But why there is the almost pathological need this team has to pat itself on the back over simply decent play just blows my mind.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
He has played way better this year than he ever has. He's about the only player you can say that about. Not sure why.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
Probably the only extension that they got right outside of Romo.

I don't believe it was wise to extend Witten, but whatever.

Top Bottom