Reaction score
Redskins impressed by Tony Romo
October, 7, 2013

By John Keim | ESPN.com

ASHBURN, Va. -- The offense they just happen to face next put on an impressive display: 48 points; 522 yards; five touchdown passes. It didn’t leave Washington Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall shaking, afraid or fearful. It did leave him appreciative.

Dallas might have lost to Denver, 51-48, Sunday but the Cowboys forced others to take notice -- at least of their offensive potential.

Hall
“They looked amazing,” Hall said of the Cowboys’ offense. “I didn’t think there would be an offense that could keep up with Peyton [Manning] and those guys. Dallas and Tony Romo never cease to amaze me.”

The Redskins play at Dallas on Sunday night -- and face Denver two weeks later. Washington enters ranked 32 overall and 27th against the pass.

“We definitely look forward to the challenge,” Hall said. “[Familiarity] will help us a lot. We know these guys going against them twice a year for the last couple years. The offense isn’t going to change. Those guys were just in a zone.”

Especially the quarterback.

Romo threw for 506 yards and one untimely interception in the loss. He finished with a passer rating of 140.0.

“He was just in a zone, he was locked in,” Hall said. “When you play the best it brings the best out of you, and Tony knowing it was Peyton Manning and knowing that kind of offense, they probably had a lot of motivation. Those guys came to play. Dez [Bryant] came to play. … They were out there running and gunning.

“When you’re in a zone like Michael Jordan or Kobe [Bryant], you feel like the rim is as wide as the ocean and it seems like it could go in. Watching the game from the couch it felt like that with Tony. Everything worked perfect. When you’re in a zone, it’s hard to combat that.”

Meanwhile, three teammates -- tight end Jason Witten, receiver Dez Bryant and receiver Terrance Williams all finished with at least 121 yards receiving.

“It just shows how powerful their offense can be,” Redskins defensive end Stephen Bowen said. “They have a good group on offense, man.”

“Tony Romo was on point,” Redskins safety Brandon Meriweather said. “The receivers were on point with him.”

But Hall said that he noticed a difference in how Denver's corners played Dallas, saying they might have taken a slightly different approach if they were as familiar with them as the Redskins.

"I was so frustrated watching [Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie]," Hall said of the Denver corner. "I felt he was in good position a couple times, but not knowing that Dallas offense he eased up for one second. If you ease up for one second it can be six or 70 yards or 80 yards. That's what happened a couple times to the Denver secondary."

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Shanahan watching tape of Romo to Cowboy offensive weapons:

"now look here RG, that's a forward pass down the field"

Top Bottom