Cowboysrule122

Draft Pick
Reaction score
By Todd Archer | ESPNDallas.com

IRVING, Texas – The Dallas Cowboys will get Ed Hochuli’s crew for Sunday’s visit to the San Diego Chargers.

It is the first time the Cowboys will have seen Hochuli since Week 11 last season, when they beat the Cleveland Browns 23-20 in overtime. Dallas was penalized 11 times, with nine accepted for 92 yards. Cleveland was penalized 12 times for 129 yards.

Last week Hochuli’s crew worked the Detroit Lions-Washington Redskins game. The Lions were penalized eight times for 71 yards and the Redskins were flagged six times for 45 yards. Of the 14 penalties, four came on special teams.

The breakdown:

Roughing the passer -- 1
Defensive holding -- 1
Illegal formation -- 2
Offensive holding -- 2
Illegal block above the waist -- 1
Defensive pass interference -- 1
Unnecessary roughness -- 2
Face mask -- 1
False start -- 1
Illegal use of hands -- 1
Delay of game -- 1

Quarter-by-quarter:

First -- 5
Second -- 4
Third -- 2
Fourth -- 3

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
One of the worst refs in the league. He thinks he's bigger than the league. I've never seen a ref that would ham so much for the camera. If there is one ref that often has it in for the Cowboys, it's him.

Hoofbite

Draft Pick
Reaction score
One of the worst refs in the league. He thinks he's bigger than the league. I've never seen a ref that would ham so much for the camera. If there is one ref that often has it in for the Cowboys, it's him.

I don't think he's bad.

I think Jeff Triplette is far and away the worst out there. The guy tries to explain what's happening it's almost like he has a minor stroke during the whole thing.

As far as having it in for the Cowboys. Can you name a ref that doesn't?

It's pretty rare that I actually think a game is officiated in favor of one team enough to be responsible for the outcome. There are certainly calls that I disagree with but through the course of a game there are generally so many missed opportunities, mistakes and penalties gotten away with by each team that's it hard to really end the game being primarily pissed at the officials.

I can't remember the last time that the officiating was my primary gripe.

Hoofbite

Draft Pick
Reaction score
[video=youtube;WpzEBWcjkAI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WpzEBWcjkAI[/video]

"Muh fucka hit the Bowflex"......that shit cracks me up every time.

Top Bottom