dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Cleveland also is fielding offers for and is open to trading wide receivers Josh Gordon and Greg Little, according to a league source.

The Browns already have made a major trade this season, dealing Richardson to the Indianapolis Colts in exchange for a first-round draft pick.

If the Browns come up with the money it will take to land Tate, they would have him and Indianapolis' first-round draft pick in place of Richardson.

At least one team has made a quality offer for Gordon while another has weighed in on Little, a source said. Cleveland will not make any trades unless the offers for Gordon and Little improve, according to the source.

Browns CEO Joe Banner said that the Richardson trade, which was completed Wednesday, was not reflective of anything negative about the star running back, and that the team simply seized an opportunity to improve with the deal.

The Cleveland Plain Dealer reported the Browns initiated the Richardson trade, citing league sources.

Tate is sharing carries in Houston this season with Arian Foster and is running hungry, knowing full well the lucrative contract that could be awaiting him in free agency.

The 25-year-old Tate entered Sunday with 148 rushing yards on just 18 carries, averaging 8.2 yards per carry.

Gordon, 22, will make his season debut Sunday following a two-game suspension. The 24-year-old Little has struggled so far this season, averaging just 7.4 yards per reception.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
AdamSchefter Adam Schefter
Cleveland fielding offers for and open to trading WRs Josh Gordon and Greg Little. At least one team has made a quality offer for Gordon.

Reaction score
I would feel bad for their fans, but it's not like Dallas has been burning through the league for years or anything. Shitty management is the worst.

They have it tough because their owner is a diehard Steelers fan, although I would not flinch at all if Jerry turned full heel one day and started wearing an Eli Manning jersey around Valley Ranch.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Seriously, I would at least cal them about players. If they are full rebuild mode they might be willing to move some more players for picks.

I doubt they would part with Joe Thomas or Alex Mack but maybe they'd move TJ Ward??

Jon88

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Don't know who any of those guys are, but I'll take them if they're good.

Cowboysrule122

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Why would we try and trade for Gordon? We have Bryant, Austin, Harris, and Williams. No chance. Plus Jerry's not that smart.

Reaction score
Yeah we liked Gordon before we drafted Williams.

Are the Browns in rebuild mode? Why trade young talented players?

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Might consider calling them about some of their DL's. Didn't they swtich to the 3-4 after playing the 4-3 past few seasons.

Reaction score
I'd make an offer on Gordon and then Drop "Hamstrings are done Austin" in the off season.

Wouldn't hurt, not sure how high of a pick I would send them though.

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
Would be nice to have another weapon with Gordon, but I'd like some depth for the dline.

Cowboysrule122

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Even though our defense is playing well. Depth would be nice. It gives your starters a chance to rest.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Seriously, WTF is Cleveland doing...

Stretch Smith was saying on the pregame today that he knew some people in the Philly organization when Banner was the GM there. Said they basically wanted him to stay the hell away from personnel and keep his ass in his third floor office working on cap numbers.

Maybe he has a Jerry Jones like complex where he wants to make a ton of moves to prove he can be a personnel man.

Hoofbite

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Lombardi trying to send some sort of message and put his stamp on the team.

Reminds me of Josh McDaniels ridding the Broncos of Marshall, Cutler and Hillis.

Gordon must not be an RKG for Lombardi. You don't trade 22 year old guys like Gordon in their 2nd year simply for the fact that he's probably dirt ass cheap and has a lot of potential.

I hope Cleveland trades everything they have for Manziel just so he wastes years of his career on that hell hole of a team.

Top Bottom