VTA

UDFA
Reaction score
You drive a BMW. :LOL

Drivers of BMWs frequently come in for anecdotal criticism for habits on the road that are perceived as aggressive.

Now, a couple of studies, one in the U.S. and another from the U.K., appear to provide statistical evidence that BMW drivers are, to be polite about it, complete jerks.

In the older study, by researchers at the University of California, BMW drivers were far less likely to stop for a pedestrian who had just entered a crosswalk, the New York Times notes.

“In our crosswalk study, none of the cars in the beater-car category drove through the crosswalk. They always stopped for pedestrians," researcher Paul K. Piff told the paper. He added that not only were "fancy cars were less likely to stop," but also that "BMW drivers were the worst."

Drivers of BMWs and other high-status cars (including Prius hybrids) were also more likely to cheat at four-way-stop intersections, according to the research.
:wtf A Prius??

Link

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
LOL. My cousin is the worst driver I know. He will only buy/drive a BMW.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
1002_its-a-hybrid.jpg

"Thaaaaanks."

VTA

UDFA
Reaction score
That looks like one them high status Prius's (or however you make it plural...) :lol

Jon88

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
It takes 5 years of gas savings to pay off the extra you pay for a Prius vs a similar regular car.

Reaction score
They are about 25K ... which isn't so much by today's standards.

The humorous thing about Prius owners is that some are status seekers who are opting for the cheapest socially acceptable car. In some circles, you are supposed to drive an expensive luxury import (Mercedes, BMW, etc.) but you get a pass if you drive a Prius instead (and claim environmental concerns).

VTA

UDFA
Reaction score
:lol 25 isn't bad, really. It's about what I'd expect. It's a shame they can't make these 'enviro-friendly' cars look as awesome as other cars. Like there's some rule against it. They're always ugly.

boozeman

Draft Pick
Reaction score
I have also noticed people that drive Expeditions think they own the fricking road.

Reaction score
I'll have to check for that.

There are a couple of large Toyota pickups on my block that are constantly poorly parked. It irritates me.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
Had a Afro American driving a BMW tailgating me in traffic on the way home today. When I spotted an opening to get around the car in front of me, I left his black ass in the dust.

JBond

UDFA
Reaction score
Lexus drivers are the worst. Put an Asian in a Lexus and someone is going to get killed.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
I see a lot of chumps driving around in 2010 edition Audis. White boys love suping that car up.

JBond

UDFA
Reaction score
:lol 25 isn't bad, really. It's about what I'd expect. It's a shame they can't make these 'enviro-friendly' cars look as awesome as other cars. Like there's some rule against it. They're always ugly.

Not so sure about that. I am strongly considering the new Avalon Hybrid. I am taking it for another drive today. 40mpg.

I may be taking one just like this home tonight.

2013-Toyota-Avalon-interior-2-1024x640.jpg

2013-Toyota-Avalon-Hybrid-Orlando-.jpg

Jon88

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Had a Afro American driving a BMW tailgating me in traffic on the way home today. When I spotted an opening to get around the car in front of me, I left his black ass in the dust.

That's when I slow down. I have a trailer hitch on the back of my truck and I just dare them to run into it.

lons

UDFA
Reaction score
Not so sure about that. I am strongly considering the new Avalon Hybrid. I am taking it for another drive today. 40mpg.

2013-Toyota-Avalon-interior-2-1024x640.jpg

2013-Toyota-Avalon-Hybrid-Orlando-.jpg

I'd rather have a Sonata Hybrid from Hyundai. Same everything, only with twice the warranty.

Jon88

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I'd rather have a Toyota Tundra.

How I was raised.

If I ever get away from driving a tuck it will be an SUV. I just hate how low cars sit.

VTA

UDFA
Reaction score

That's a cool looking car. Maybe they're getting a clue with design. Things like Prius, Leaf, etc, just look like rolling jokes.

Top Bottom