Reaction score
http://deadspin.com/referee-kills-player-then-gets-beheaded-at-brazilian-so-685459212

Brazilian Soccer Fans Decapitate Ref After He Stabs, Kills Player

Last Sunday, an amateur soccer match in Brazil came to an unbelievably gruesome end when a referee was murdered by outraged fans. His head was then cut off and placed on a spike. The beheading was retaliation; the ref initially stabbed a player to death.

It happened in the Maranhão region of northeastern Brazil. Thirty-year-old Josenir dos Santos Abreu approached the referee, 20-year-old Otávio Jordão da Silva (pictured above) during a match to argue a call. Abreu reportedly threw a punch at da Silva, who then took out a knife he was carrying with him during the match, and stabbed the player. Abreu died of his wounds en route to the hospital.

Meanwhile, the player's friends and family invaded the pitch and attacked da Silva. They reportedly tied up the referee, beat him, stoned him, lynched him, and then quartered him. When they finished, they cut off his head and placed it on a stake in the center of the field.

So far, just one man, 27-year-old Luis Moraes Souza, has been arrested for the crime, and authorities are searching for two more. Valter Costa, the chief of police in Maranhão's town of Santa Ines, spoke in a statement. “Reports of witnesses have indicated some people that were in place at the time of the fact," he said. "We will identify and hold accountable all those involved. A crime will never justify another. Actions like this do not collaborate with the legality of a state law.”

If you must, here is a link to a video showing da Silva's body, decapitated and all, after he was killed. But, we're warning you, it's extremely gruesome.

W.
T.
F.
Is this world coming to?

Reaction score
I wanted to do that to the ref that called Dez Bryant out of bounds when his finger hit the line.

Just kidding. I had already turned the game off at that point. Sorry Theebs.

VTA

UDFA
Reaction score
Meanwhile, the player's friends and family invaded the pitch and attacked da Silva. They reportedly tied up the referee, beat him, stoned him, lynched him, and then quartered him. When they finished, they cut off his head and placed it on a stake in the center of the field.

That's quite a lot of steps to go through without anyone reasonable actually protesting in some way or another. I can see going off and killing someone in a quick rage after watching them stab a family member, but this is nuts.

Iamtdg

Reaction score
That's quite a lot of steps to go through without anyone reasonable actually protesting in some way or another. I can see going off and killing someone in a quick rage after watching them stab a family member, but this is nuts.

My question is, how did the cops not get to them before they did all this? I mean all of that would have taken some serious time to accomplish.

VTA

UDFA
Reaction score
My question is, how did the cops not get to them before they did all this? I mean all of that would have taken some serious time to accomplish.

I guess amateur match's don't have security like the pro's, but someone should have at least stepped up during the stoning phase of things. Beat him; sure, the idiot stabbed someone. Stone him; wtf?. Lynch him; how did we get this far?. Quarter him??? Good God that's insane.

jeebus

UDFA
Reaction score
No rule of law in Brazillian ghettos. When you are expected to police yourself justice tends to get messy.

Iamtdg

Reaction score
No rule of law in Brazillian ghettos. When you are expected to police yourself justice tends to get messy.

Coming from the guy who leans towards anarchy as an answer to our law enforcement system.

Hoofbite

Draft Pick
Reaction score
That's nuts. I can't believe the ref would carry a knife and shank a guy for getting swung on and I can't believe the family thought that tearing the guy to limbs was a good idea.

lons

UDFA
Reaction score
Dude, they put his head on a fucking spike after quartering him. Holy fuckballs.

Top Bottom