VTA

UDFA
Reaction score
mark-rosenthal-ny-post.jpg

:lol

If you've ever been in trouble for sleeping on the job, take heart: you can still achieve upward mobility in a local union.

Take, for instance, Mark Rosenthal, the president of Local 983 of District Council 37 in New York. Rosenthal makes $156,000 a year and apparently spends only two hours a day at work--much of that napping, according to his colleagues who spoke out to the New York Post.

Rosenthal asserted to the Post that he works "12-to-14-hour days," and he claims these complaints are coming from supporters of his challenger as he faces reelection in early June.

He offered two more explanations: first, that executives often take "power naps," and second, that his naps are caused by pain pills he was prescribed after falling through a chair last year while eating at McDonald's.

"The chair broke because I'm big," Rosenthal argued. "I'm 60 years old, so if I eat during my lunch hour and take a little medication, can't I close my eyes? Is it so outrageous?"

Link

Last edited:

cmd34(work)

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Two managers ago I had a boss who came in around 10, went to lunch around 12 to 1:30, and left for the day around 2. When other employees started calling her on it, she claimed her long commute to work made up for the difference. Seems about right.

superpunk

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
this type of thing would have never happened in a non-union job, he said moronically.

VTA

UDFA
Reaction score
I too come in at 10:00 because of a ridiculous commute, but I sure don't leave at 2. Thank God my company understands; if I had to get in by 9 I'd be sitting in wall-to-wall traffic miserably.

VTA

UDFA
Reaction score
glad you liked how I destroyed your whole purpose in posting this article in one pithy statement.

:lol :lol :lol

Holy shit that's rich. I got a kick out of the fat guy who fell out of his chair at McDonalds...
Don't try so hard.

VTA

UDFA
Reaction score
Don't feel bad, some see Hitler in a kettle...

1369836780_hitler-kettle.jpg

:mock

Top Bottom