Reaction score
Posted by Darin Gantt on May 14, 2013, 8:00 AM EDT

The Eagles must have liked what they saw from Felix Jones in last week’s workout.

According to Adam Schefter of ESPN, the Eagles have agreed to terms with the former Cowboys first-round running back on a one-year-deal.

While you can debate whether Jones was a bust for the Cowboys, he does have a career average of 4.8 yards per carry, and there’s a case to be made that he’ll flourish in space, which Chip Kelly’s offense has always provided for smaller, quicker backs.

The Eagles are set for a starter in LeSean McCoy, and Bryce Brown showed flashes when he wasn’t fumbling. But there’s still an opportunity for Jones to create a role for himself.

iceberg

In the Rotation
Reaction score
wow. a one year deal.

he blew them out of the water it would seem.

junk

UDFA
Reaction score
Didn't Jenkins sign a 1 year deal too? I bet there isn't much in the way of comp picks for either

Reaction score
Have we signed anyone in free agency? I cant' recall....

Two of our guys signed one year deals for the minimum.

Damn... I wish we traded Jenkins away for that fourth last year.

Reaction score
Ahmad Bradshaw is still a free agent, I'd kick the tires, he runs hard.

If the cowboys would've released Felix in TC they would've made the playoffs

Reaction score
Another useless first rounder.

Ginger ****** tried to make Felix a power back. I'd go with Bradshaw too if that's the type of running they're looking for. He's fumble-prone, but can block pretty well.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Another useless first rounder.

Ginger ****** tried to make Felix a power back. I'd go with Bradshaw too if that's the type of running they're looking for. He's fumble-prone, but can block pretty well.

He wasnt useless, he was just injury prone and whatever happened this last time seems to have ruined him as a player.

He was very explosive his first 2-3 seasons.

Reaction score
2-3 seasons out of a first rounder = useless

He was also injury-prone in college, which is why many laughed at JJ when he made the pick. So this wasn't some unfortunate set of circumstances. It was a product of either poor advising, or JJ ignoring his advisers and thinking that a skinny little RB would somehow get less injured in the pros.

Sounds more like an Arkansas boner to me.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score

He was also injury-prone in college, which is why many laughed at JJ when he made the pick. So this wasn't some unfortunate set of circumstances. It was a product of either poor advising, or JJ ignoring his advisers and thinking that a skinny little RB would somehow get less injured in the pros.

I'd have to go back and look at the info, but I dont recall anyone being concerned with injuries with him. I think some had concerns he could be an "everydown" carry the load back.

He went in the draft where pretty much everyone expected him to go. Its just unfortunate he didnt stay healthy. Playing behind a garbage OL didnt help much either the past few seasons.

Reaction score

I'm pretty sure this was a Jason Garrett pick, and not a Jerry pick.

Thought the story was we had this guy and Mendenhall rated about the same, or Mendenhall was slightly higher, but Jason wanted Felix because he complimented Marions style well.

superpunk

Pro Bowler
Reaction score

Thought the story was we had this guy and Mendenhall rated about the same, or Mendenhall was slightly higher, but Jason wanted Felix because he complimented Marions style well.

That's the story.

cmd34(work)

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Don't. You. Believe. It.

Scouts liked Mendenhall, Jerry told them they are going to have really convince him to take Mendenhall over Felix. He said he feels Jason can get "really creative" with Felix. Thus was born the story that Garrett wanted Felix.

All Jerry. As usual.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Garrett arguing for Felix "because we already had an everydown back in Barber" was on Hard Knocks.

Are you claiming that was staged or something?

cmd34(work)

Draft Pick
Reaction score
My guess is that Jerry and Jason had already discussed Felix. Jerry wanted him and his Boy Wonder Offensive Coordinator wasn't going to go against him. The scouts collectively felt Mendenhall was the better player.

Reaction score

I hate JG more than everyone on this board combined, but even I'm not going to pin the blame on him here. This pick oozed JJ so so much. The fact that Felix ended up sucking ass just proves it.

Reaction score
Garrett arguing for Felix "because we already had an everydown back in Barber" was on Hard Knocks.

Are you claiming that was staged or something?

I think he's claiming that Garrett is a glorified version of Mickey Spags. He'd be correct with that assumption.

Top Bottom