Reaction score
Sep 8
By Tim MacMahon

IRVING, Texas – Joey Galloway, the biggest receiver trade bust in Cowboys history until Roy Williams, departed Dallas seven years ago. He’ll start against the Cowboys on Sunday night.

That’s not exactly a good sign for the Redskins.

Galloway actually had some good years after the Cowboys traded him to Tampa Bay, recording three consecutive 1,000-yard seasons. But he’s caught 20 passes for 205 yards in the two seasons since then, and he’s ancient by NFL receiver standards at 38 years old.

“He’s got some gas left in the tank,” Redskins quarterback Donovan McNabb said during a conference call with Valley Ranch media. “He’s a guy that we all know back in the day made a name for himself. In a given moment, he’ll do the same.”

Don’t hold your breath for any of those given moments to occur against Pro Bowl cornerbacks Terence Newman and Mike Jenkins this weekend.

Jon88

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
The guy is definitely on roids and has been his whole career. I read where he used to bench 400 and run a 4.25 at like 190 lbs.

C

Cr122

The guy is definitely on roids and has been his whole career. I read where he used to bench 400 and run a 4.25 at like 190 lbs.

He's going to need roids to beat our corners.

sbk92

Reaction score
You still have to respect his speed.

He and Deion were the fastest players I've ever seen. I suppose you can add Chris Johnson now too.

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
McNabb has made us look stupid with worse at his disposal.

I bet he scores at least once.

Reaction score
You still have to respect his speed.

He and Deion were the fastest players I've ever seen. I suppose you can add Chris Johnson now too.

No you don't...

He was never a skilled WR he was a player who relied on pure speed...4.2 to 4.3 speed...

He's now probably 4.5 give or take a 100th and thats not fast enough for an unskilled, no route running, gray-bearded, over the hill POC.

sbk92

Reaction score
No you don't...

He was never a skilled WR he was a player who relied on pure speed...4.2 to 4.3 speed...

He's now probably 4.5 give or take a 100th and thats not fast enough for an unskilled, no route running, gray-bearded, over the hill POC.

I highly doubt he's a 4.5 now.

I bet ya a beer he could out run Terence Newman. Even at his advanced age.

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
You mean like last year?

No, I mean like, he's made our defense look silly with Freddie Mitchell and Todd Pinkston in the past. I'm not dismissing Joey Galloway as garbage. He can still run and he can still catch the football.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
No, I mean like, he's made our defense look silly with Freddie Mitchell and Todd Pinkston in the past. I'm not dismissing Joey Galloway as garbage. He can still run and he can still catch the football.

And who were coaching the Cowboys at the time?

C

Cr122

McNabb has made us look stupid with worse at his disposal.

I bet he scores at least once.

McNappy is nowhere's near what he used to be.

And not being 100% with that high ankle sprain he's bound to make some bad throws, especially when we pressure him out of the pocket.

Be prepared to see us exploit their offensive line. He'll do okay, but he's not going to kill us like in his early years.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
McNappy is nowhere's near what he used to be.

And not being 100% with that high ankle sprain he's bound to make some bad throws, especially when we pressure him out of the pocket.

Be prepared to see us exploit their offensive line. He'll do okay, but he's not going to kill us like in his early years.

He never had a high ankle sprain. If he did, and that would require an MRI taken--which never was, he would not be playing. Those types of injuries take at least 4 weeks---look at Dez. It was a bullshit smokescreen.

Jon88

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
He never had a high ankle sprain. If he did, and that would require an MRI taken--which never was, he would not be playing. Those types of injuries take at least 4 weeks---look at Dez. It was a bullshit smokescreen.

What was bullshit? The Dez injury?

Nevermind...McNabb.

Top Bottom