Reaction score
Says we need a bellcow back.

Guards don't score points.

:errr

How would this make you feel?

Reaction score
I'm going to suggest that he is a dipshit.

After my twitter exchange with him, I kinda have to agree.

He says guards don't score points. Says you can get guards anywhere. Dallas needs a back that can carry the load, and doesn't understand why we don't have a good offensive line.

Um. what?

Reaction score
We've proven that WE can't get guards anywhere. The last 3 we have tried in Bernadeau, Livings, and Arkin have been poor at best.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Am I the only one who doesn't love Lacy that much anyway? I wouldn't mind a bigger back like him later on, but generally speaking I wouldn't ever use a high pick on these big bowling ball type backs who are just targets for abuse. Even Richardson from last year had some injury problems all year because you simply can't run over everyone in the NFL.

There's been a lot of smoke on this guy, though. Makes you wonder if there isn't a little to it.

Mr.Po

Reaction score
RB's dont score points when they have a group of turnstile stiffs leading the way.

This team should not even be thinking RB earlier than the 4th or 5th round.

RB is way down on the list of needful things.

Reaction score
I don't love Lacy...he is benefiting from a weak RB class. I like the player, but he is not a first rounder for me.

Reaction score
I don't love Lacy...he is benefiting from a weak RB class. I like the player, but he is not a first rounder for me.

I like the player, and I'd take him in Dallas. But not at 18.

Another thing worth noting is he's played behind the best OL in college football - probably by a significant margin.

superpunk

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Look.

IF Warmack, Fluker are gone, there isn't a top DT there and there are no decent DEs....

ok. RB is a need. I could handle that.

Jon88

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
You can find good running backs in the 3rd - 5th rounds these days.

Most of the ones taken in the 1st round don't live up to their status.

I would be pissed if we took a running back in round 1.

Reaction score
Look.

IF Warmack, Fluker are gone, there isn't a top DT there and there are no decent DEs....

If your scenario played out there way then guys like Tavon Austin, Jarvis Jones, or Lane Johnson would be there.

Reaction score
Look.

If we get to 18 and Cooper, Warmack, Johnson, Ansah, Richardson, and Fluker are gone.... fuck man, thats gotta be impossible, no?

Reaction score
If that happened then someone is falling to us. Jarvis Jones is not a prototypical 4-3 OLB, but you find ways to be creative with him. Denver did it with Von Miller.

superpunk

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
If we get to 18 and Cooper, Warmack, Johnson, Ansah, Richardson, and Fluker are gone.... fuck man, thats gotta be impossible, no?

I'm just saying "if".

That's the only way I can see taking a tailback who isn't AP or Emmitt.

Reaction score
If that happened then someone is falling to us. Jarvis Jones is not a prototypical 4-3 OLB, but you find ways to be creative with him. Denver did it with Von Miller.

Except Jarvis Jones is nowhere near as good as Von Miller was.

NoShame

UDFA
Reaction score
We've proven that WE can't get guards anywhere. The last 3 we have tried in Bernadeau, Livings, and Arkin have been poor at best.

Thats exactly my thinking.. While other teams seem to be able to pull guards out of the 5th, 6th rounds left and right we suck at it. We have no other choice but to take the best OLinemen available in the first round.

As for Lacy, I think we have too many other needs ahead of RB to be taking one that early.. Even if he were there in the 2nd. But I definitely like the player. Watching clips of any Alabama linemen Lacy sticks out running the ball. Especially with that spin move he has. I think he's gonna be a good one in this league for sure so I wouldn't be extremely pissed if we took him.. It would be more like a SMH moment. This OLine needs fixed in the worst way.

Top Bottom