VTA

UDFA
Reaction score
March 27, 2013 (thePublicDiscourse.com) - In our sometimes misguided efforts to expand our freedom, selfish adults have systematically dismantled that which is most precious to children as they grow and develop. That’s why I am now speaking out against same-sex marriage.

By the way, I am gay.

Same-sex marriage will not expand rights and freedoms in our nation. It will not redefine marriage. It will undefine it.

This isn’t the first time our society has undefined marriage. No-fault divorce, instituted all across our country, sounded like a good idea at the time. Its unintended consequence was that it changed forever the definition of marriage from a permanent relationship between spouses to a temporary one. Sadly, children became collateral damage in the selfish pursuits of adults.

Same-sex marriage will do the same, depriving children of their right to either a mom or a dad. This is not a small deal. Children are being reduced to chattel-like sources of fulfillment. On one side, their family tree consists not of ancestors, but of a small army of anonymous surrogates, donors, and attorneys who pinch-hit for the absent gender in genderless marriages. Gays and lesbians demand that they have a “right” to have children to complete their sense of personal fulfillment, and in so doing, are trumping the right that children have to both a mother and a father—a right that same-sex marriage tramples over.

Same-sex marriage will undefine marriage and unravel it, and in so doing, it will undefine children. It will ultimately lead to undefining humanity. This is neither “progressive” nor “conservative” legislation. It is “regressive” legislation.

Link

Reaction score
Who cares if gays get married. Honestly. Whats the big friggin' deal?

Marriage is a miserable existance anyways, once you get past the honeymoon stage. If the gays want are in a rush to attach a legal document to an emotion, so be it. Let them.

Jon88

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I hope they are allowed to get married. This country needs to get away from religion.

ScipioCowboy

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Here's my question: Why is it called "Gay rights" rather than "Gay lefts"?

Inquiring minds...

superpunk

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
It's just insane how these bigots can't see how they're using the exact same fucktarded reasoning as the racists have to explain why we have to keep separate. Oh...you're not being "racist" or a "bigot", you're just protecting the institute of marriage and your precious fairy tale religions? The irony is that;

(a) it is exceedingly easy to rationalize gay marriage and homosexuality in general as in line with biblical morality - because, hello fucktards - it's a fucking book and you can make it say whatever you want, (hell, the apostle John and Jesus were quite close IYKWIM) and...

(b) at least in my experience, alot of homosexuals are insanely devout. Just because you bigots don't let them in YOUR church doesn't mean they haven't found at least one venue where the people who attend those stupid things actually live by the principles that Jesus espoused, rather than the divisive hatred found at the less Christlike churches.

VTA

UDFA
Reaction score
It's just insane how these bigots can't see how they're using the exact same fucktarded reasoning as the racists have to explain why we have to keep separate. Oh...you're not being "racist" or a "bigot", you're just protecting the institute of marriage and your precious fairy tale religions? The irony is that;

(a) it is exceedingly easy to rationalize gay marriage and homosexuality in general as in line with biblical morality - because, hello fucktards - it's a fucking book and you can make it say whatever you want, (hell, the apostle John and Jesus were quite close IYKWIM) and...

(b) at least in my experience, alot of homosexuals are insanely devout. Just because you bigots don't let them in YOUR church doesn't mean they haven't found at least one venue where the people who attend those stupid things actually live by the principles that Jesus espoused, rather than the divisive hatred found at the less Christlike churches.

You're actually proving my point.
No one gives a crap about your civil union. Go get one and get your inheritence or whatever you want from your dead lover and leave the church out of it. The idea of the church's being against civil secular unions is a false argument with something greater than simply 'wanting to be married' at it's base. If you want to get there go ahead, there's no need to drag the church into it. We don't sit around lamenting what the secular world does; we know, expect it and accept it as a condition of the world. Just don't expect us to practice the shit and have it normalized in the church.

There's nothing Christ-like in unrepented sin life.

superpunk

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
So remain bigots in your church, let everyone else progress like decent human beings. Problem solved. Intelligent humans don't care that you backwards-ass-superstitious-morons are hate-mongers - what we have a problem with is you using your hate and willful ignorance (based on a book) to influence legislation.

There's nothing sinful in love. John and Jesus knew that all too well.

VTA

UDFA
Reaction score
There is no influence in legislation, so at this point it's simply being petulant about believers. Intolerant of what we practice in our own congregation. That smells an awful lot like bigotry. Really, no different than 'go back to Africa', only you pretend it is.

Because anyone at this point pretending there's some 'religious right' influencing politics is either living in a cave or flat out lying. It's been out of education, politics and general culture for some time now. Go try that lie out on an idiot, because it doesn't fly in real life.

Reaction score
Finally agree with you on something about religion. As a Christian I never understood how those who say they were Christians can talk about others with such hate and venom.

superpunk

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
There is no influence in legislation, so at this point it's simply being petulant about believers. Intolerant of what we practice in our own congregation. That smells an awful lot like bigotry. Really, no different than 'go back to Africa', only you pretend it is.

Because anyone at this point pretending there's some 'religious right' influencing politics is either living in a cave or flat out lying. It's been out of education, politics and general culture for some time now. Go try that lie out on an idiot, because it doesn't fly in real life.

Sure, we're forcing it out. That doesn't mean it's not clawing like hell to get back in. Hell, the religious right is threatening to depart from the Republican Party (after they destroyed it) because the GOP is realizing that that portion of society is becoming increasingly marginalized as the rest of the country grows up. The fact that popular empathetic opinion is shifting so far away from the religious right should make them wake up a bit and reevaluate - but in true Radical form, it just makes the devout dig in futher as they misguidedly interpret our progress as "persecution" of their bigoted religious beliefs.

The fact that they're failing doesn't mean they're not trying. If you missed all the religious leaders trying to influence last October's election then I don't know what to tell you. I'm just glad as a nation we are intelligent enough to dismiss, and largely laugh at that kind of hate.

VTA

UDFA
Reaction score
Finally agree with you on something about religion. As a Christian I never understood how those who say they were Christians can talk about others with such hate and venom.

How is this blanket statement any different than one made about blacks? Or Gays or anybody else. Why is it simply applied that hate is involved? You can love someone and strongly disagree with their choices and maintain your foundations.

And this is the point I'm making. No one in general cares. We live with gays, work with gays, break bread with gays. This isn't Nightly News, this is how people live and trying to drag the church into it say's simply this is not about civil unions and getting spousal benefits. By forcing it on the church, claiming the church is on a crusade to stop them from getting secular benefits is a lie. If one has to lie to achieve something they are not being honest.

superpunk

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
How is this blanket statement any different than one made about blacks? Or Gays or anybody else. Why is it simply applied that hate is involved? You can love someone and strongly disagree with their choices and maintain your foundations.

And this is the point I'm making. No one in general cares. We live with gays, work with gays, break bread with gays. This isn't Nightly News, this is how people live and trying to drag the church into it say's simply this is not about civil unions and getting spousal benefits. By forcing it on the church, claiming the church is on a crusade to stop them from getting secular benefits is a lie. If one has to lie to achieve something they are not being honest.

It is literally insane how warped your perspective is on this. As though the position of "da church" is the default value, rather than the one where - you know - we've all got the same rights.

And the severe case of denial you have about the very real efforts of Christian hate groups all over the nation (most of them with the term "Family" somewhere in the title, Focus on the Family, etc) to keep gays from having the same rights as straight people is just flat out crazy. Just because you believe in a fairy tale doesn't mean you have to live in one. Quit lying.

Top Bottom