Reaction score
Recent talk of the Sopranos prompted me to go out and buy the first three seasons on DVD.

Fucking greatness. I love this show.

Reaction score
The last few maligned seasons of the sopranos are very ambitious. I think history will be much kinder to them than people realized.

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
The last few maligned seasons of the sopranos are very ambitious. I think history will be much kinder to them than people realized.

Just started 6b last night for the first time in a few years.

After watching 6a I basically feel like he was killed....

Reaction score
Just started 6b last night for the first time in a few years.

After watching 6a I basically feel like he was killed....

Trey parker had a quote about people clamoring to know who cart mans father was. Basically he said "it's whoever we say it is, and I could change my mind ".

They swung for the fences in the last few seasons and laid it on pretty thick. If you take chase at his word then it sounds like tony was killed but he wasnt really anything. The clues are so heavy handed that you could conclude chase decided in death. But I tend to focus on all the themes leading up to it.

Like just the other day I thought about how often everyone worries about family members eating. It's a constant thing, they're so close in that they worry whether it not an adult would forget a meal. And yet they do and say horrific things to each other when one of the seven deadly sins is involved.

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Trey parker had a quote about people clamoring to know who cart mans father was. Basically he said "it's whoever we say it is, and u could change my mind ".

They swung for the fences in the last few seasons and laid it on pretty thick. If you take chase at his word then it sounds like to y was killed but he wasnt really anything. The clues are so heavy handed that you could conclude chase decided in death. But I tend to focus on all the themes leading up to it.

Like just the other day I thought about how often everyone worries about family members eating. It's a constant thing, they're so close in that they worry whether it not an adult would forget a meal. And yet they do and say horrific things to each other when one of the seven deadly sins is involved.

Yeah that's true.

its the all the molecules bumping up against each other and the going about in pity for yourself from 6a.

one of the tv critics, might have been alan sepinwall don't remember wrote a great piece on it being what you are saying, its just life goes on for them and the audience is done watching.

either way its great. It did fall victim to something I hate though that is all the characters that made the show special and worth watching were almost not even involved in the end. Lots of shows do this.

Reaction score
Some things you don't have to see to know they happened.

Like when that guy who was on Dazed and Confused asked Jodie Fosters character in some bad alien movie about if she loved her dead father and she said she did and so he said "Prove it."

She knows she does but she can't prove it because dead but she knows she does.

I didn't need to see rigamortus kick in to know Tony Soprano died there.

Reaction score
I used to read sepinwall every Monday in the star ledger(the paper tony read).

6a is pretty nuts I didn't remember this show being so intricate in its symbolism and double meanings.

Like paulie making an uneasy peace with his mom looking at the windy trees out the window. The same windy trees tony saw in his coma dream with his mom on the porch to purgatory.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
Would they have killed Tony in front of his family like that? Then again, they murdered Phil Leotardo in front of his daughter and grandkids.

Reaction score
Some things you don't have to see to know they happened.

Like when that guy who was on Dazed and Confused asked Jodie Fosters character in some bad alien movie about if she loved her dead father and she said she did and so he said "Prove it."

She knows she does but she can't prove it because dead but she knows she does.

I didn't need to see rigamortus kick in to know Tony Soprano died there.

Chills.

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I used to read around wall every Monday after a new episode aired in the star ledger(the paper tony read).

6a is pretty nuts I didn't remember this show being so intricate in its symbolism and double meanings.

Like paulie making an uneasy peace with his mom looking at the windy trees out the window. The same windy trees tony saw in his coma dream with his mom on the porch to purgatory.

The wind was put in seemingly every episode that season. Same with the bells. The fade from white, the opposite of the end when its straight cut to black.

great show. I am looking forward to seeing David chase's movie when it is out to rent in a few weeks.

no idea why not fade away had such a limited release but it is right in my wheelhouse and cant wait to see it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tTrN_jyH9Gg

SixisBetter

Anywhere on the line.
Reaction score
Would they have killed Tony in front of his family like that? Then again, they murdered Phil Leotardo in front of his daughter and grandkids.

Yeah,they would kill Tony wherever he happened to be.
I prefer to think they are still sitting around somewhere eating onion rings and/or chicken parm.
It's better to think Meadow still exists somewhere rather than bangin Turtle on Entourage.
Seriously,WTF?

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
[video=youtube;EaCvFNH28lo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=EaCvFNH28lo[/video]

beginning of the end for Vito

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
fucking love paulie

joe gannascoli the guy who plays vito seems like a creepy guy.

I hated that character, it sucked they spent so much time with it.

he seems like a real arrogant guy to. He has a bunch of youtube videos showing sopranos filming locations.

bkeavs

UDFA
Reaction score

he seems like a real arrogant guy to. He has a bunch of youtube videos showing sopranos filming locations.

total waste of character. I couldn't stand watching him waddle

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
total waste of character. I couldn't stand watching him waddle

yep. he seemed to be overacting all the time to me, his dialect seemed so forced.

btw the greasing the union bit from the clip is pretty hillarious.

Reaction score

He used to call Into the stern show to the point itd be awkward and they had to ignore him

Top Bottom