Cowboysrule122

Draft Pick
Reaction score
03-14-2013
Calvin Watkins | ESPNDallas.com
Done with Day 2 of free agency and on to Day 3. We have some observations.

Dez Bryant looks at Mike Wallace's contract:

Wide receiver Mike Wallace left the Pittsburgh Steelers and signed a five-year $60 million deal with $30 million guaranteed with the Miami Dolphins. Wallace is just 26 years old and becomes the third-highest paid wide receiver in the NFL. What does it all mean? Well, the Cowboys have an emerging young talent in Dez Bryant, who is 24, and coming off his first 1,000 yard season. Bryant is signed through 2014, and who knows what the market will look like then given the money Wallace got this week. Bryant needs to stay out of trouble, which he's done so far this offseason, and if he continues to produce, a big money contract awaits him. Should the Cowboys let Bryant get to the final year of his contract? Or do the Cowboys make sure after the 2013 season, he gets an extension?

Cowboys send three to Alabama: Coach Jason Garrett didn't attend Alabama's Pro Day on Wednesday, however, two scouts and Tom Ciskowski, the director of college and pro scouting, watched the talent. Former NFL scout Bryan Broaddus, who works for the Dallas Cowboys web site offers these thoughts on Alabama's Pro Day ESPN's NFL Draft expert, Mel Kiper Jr. has the Cowboys taking guard Chance Warmack with the No. 18th overall pick next month.

Remember when Danny Amendola was a Cowboy?: It seems like years ago, but it was just 2008 when wide receiver Danny Amendola was in Cowboys training camp trying to make the roster. Amendola was trying to make the 53-man roster that had Miles Austin, Patrick Crayton, Terry Glenn, Sam Hurd, Terrell Owens, Isaiah Stanback on the roster as well. Amendola didn't make the roster, he was cut that summer, but in 2009 he played in 14 games for the St. Louis Rams. Wednesday, Amendola signed a five-year deal worth $31 million with $10 million guaranteed with the New England Patriots. He's come a long way from trying to surpass Austin and Hurd, who were then at the bottom of the receiving depth chart. Amendola has been injury prone of late, but is an excellent receiver in the slot, and because he's younger than Wes Welker, It's probably the reason he's with the Pats. ESPNBoston's Mike Reiss gives his take on the Patriots signing. Overtime: S Gerald Sensabaugh is getting interest from Arizona and Tennessee. He visited the Titans on Wednesday. ... No word yet on CB Mike Jenkins visits. ... The Cowboys saw Bennett twice last year with the Giants and they'll see him again when they visit Solider Field. The Cowboys, however, won't see Percy Harvin when they host Minnesota. Harvin is now with Seattle.

cmd34(work)

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Amendola was trying to make the 53-man roster that had Miles Austin, Patrick Crayton, Terry Glenn, Sam Hurd, Terrell Owens, Isaiah Stanback on the roster as well

Good thing we kept Hurd and Stanback. Remember all of the games they helped us win?

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Good thing we kept Hurd and Stanback. Remember all of the games they helped us win?

Stanback was garbage (hey theebs, remind us who picked him again) but in Hurd's defense, he was a good special team player, which I guess at the time is all they saw Amendola as.

I still dont get why anyone is upset about this. Amendola has averaged less than 9.0 yds per catch for his career, and has 7 career tds. Hell there's plenty of RB's who average more than 9 yds a catch.

Reaction score
Id say he's overrated. Idgaf about stats, Laurent Robinson piled up stats and I told everyone he's nothing special. I'm looking for guys to fill roles once I have my #1.

I'd rather pay Harris nothing than Amendola $30M.

The smart thing wouldve been to stop paying Sam Hurd and find room for a cheap role player like Amendola. Then you have a cheap asset that can get you a comp pick or save you draft picks down the road because you have your #3 WR already.

I mean shit we had a draft just for special teams what was so crucial about Hurd

BraveHeartFan

Spectator
Reaction score
I would guess that if Bryant continues to play like he did last year that the contract Wallace got will set the absolute minimum type of deal Dez will be getting from Dallas. Which means there is no way that we'll sign him for that and we'll be paying much more.

Top Bottom