Reaction score
‏@AdamSchefter
Cowboys released LB Dan Connor.

Cowboys cut Dan Connor

Posted by Mike Florio on March 11, 2013, 1:53 PM EDT

As Gantt pointed out earlier in the day, the Cowboys needed to cut about $7 million in cap room.

They created nearly half of that space by cutting linebacker Dan Connor.

Connor, who was due to earn a base salary of $3 million this year, previously had been given the dreaded pay-cut-or-get-out ultimatum. Since he was in the final year of his contract, the move creates at least $3 million in cap space.

Connor immediately becomes an unrestricted free agent. To which the many others say, “Join the club. Now get the hell out of my way as I try to get paid.”

Reaction score
I'm hearing 4 players to be restructured today. Scandrick and Bernadeau being two of them. What I don't know is if they actually mean restructures or does the cutting of Connor count too against that number?

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
Anymore washed up white lbers out there?

Zach Thomas, Keith Brooking, and Dan Connor.

Jesus Christ.

Cowboysrule122

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Part of me wants Spears gone... but I kind of want him to stick around too. Just because he's one of our longest tenured draft picks.

I think their plan all along this off season was to get rid of him. If there was any way to keep him I think it would have been worked out already. He'd probably do well in the 4-3.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
apparently they are saying now that Livings and Free arnt going to be restructured today

Bernadeau, Ratliff and Scandrick will be though

Cowboysrule122

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Here it is.... http://search.espn.go.com/todd-archer/

Dan Connor cut by Dallas Cowboys in cost-saving move

Todd Archer
Needing to create room to get under the salary cap, the Dallas Cowboys have cut linebacker Dan Connor and restructured the contracts of cornerback Orlando Scandrick and guard Mackenzy Bernadeau on Monday, according to sources.
Story | Conversation | March 11, 2013

cmd34(work)

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Hopefully the Cowboys are still going after free agents and if they find someone they really want we can quickly restructure Romo and/or cut Free to clear up room.

I just hope we aren't sitting out free agency like we did in 2009. We have too many holes to not at least talk to these guys.

Top Bottom