Reaction score
‏@SullyBaldHead

Two quick notes: 1) Look for Romo's deal to be finished by this time next week and 2) Cowboys trying to sign Spencer to long-term deal

Reaction score
Same.

Re-signing Spencer wreaks of desperation by an owner who lacks the ability to think long term.

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Same.

Re-signing Spencer wreaks of desperation by an owner who lacks the ability to think long term.

jerry has a handful of people he listens to, one of the guys he respects a lot and always thinks highly of is bill polian. polian recently spoke highly of spencer.

I imagine garrett knowing he is toast if they dont make the playoffs wants him back and doesnt care about 3 years from now.

throw in the new defensive staff probably not wanting to manage the strong side if they have a good player in spencer.

but, as a fan i just get the overwhelming sense we are not going to see that same guy we saw this year week to week for the life of that contract.

who knows, It feels like he is coming back so I guess I hope he has 15 sacks or something.

Reaction score
I hears polian wanted to trade manning in 2004.

Sounds like he's been trying to work his way into that Dan reeves consultant role with the cowboys

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
Dear Tony and Anthony,

We lack the scouting expertise and confidence in our own abilities to do better than you two, so

140519d1352916586-e-pl1-pt-ep01-special-shut-up-take-my-money11.jpg

FuzzyLumpkins

In the Rotation
Reaction score
I don't think it unreasonable that Spencer make it through at least 3 more years at a high level. He has no major injuries for his entire career and is more than physically matched to his position. Add in a good rotation for once and he is solid gold.

Retain he and Brent and the D/line is pretty much set.

SAM: Albright/Spencer/Wilber
SDE: Spencer/Crawford/Hatcher
Shade: Ratliff/Brent
3T: Hatcher, Ratliff, Crawford
WDE: Ware, Spencer, Wilber

Would like another SAM or a bigger tackle but you could go to war with that

FuzzyLumpkins

In the Rotation
Reaction score
Same.

:lol lack of vision

So what year do you envision cap problems being in should we resign Spencer? Can you give us a notion as two years from now what our cap situation will be like, what contracts we will still have or any damn thing really.

Reaction score
Been an underachiever every year except last year and half of 2009. Nearing 30 years old.

Not the kind of guy you throw big money at.

But since we have a GM who lacks an eye for talent, Spencer will be rich man soon.

FuzzyLumpkins

In the Rotation
Reaction score
Been an underachiever every year except last year and half of 2009. Nearing 30 years old.

Not the kind of guy you throw big money at.

But since we have a GM who lacks an eye for talent, Spencer will be rich man soon.

He was very very good in 2011 but you just noticed his 6 sacks instead of his 30 pressures, 7 TFL , and 4 FF. It's okay most people still underrate him.

GloryDaysRBack

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Dline is in ok shape if we keep spencer but not for long.

Highly unlikely we retain hatcher after this year, IMO. We owe money to too many people. We can hardly count on Ratliff staying healthy as it is. We desperately need a DT..

BraveHeartFan

Spectator
Reaction score
I don't mind resigning Spencer as long as it's not to some crazy amount but I'm definately wanting to see them resign Romo.

I know there are plenty of people who hate him, and to each their own, but I like Romo.

Reaction score
Romo is exasperating, and I at times wonder whether or not he can get it done... but to want him gone is to forget how bad we were at QB post Aikman.

These guys don't grow on trees.

Top Bottom