Reaction score
‏Jerry said he wants Spencer back but knows he can't really pay him what he can get on the market. And no money now to do long-term deal.

Jerry Jones on pending UFA Anthony Spencer, who is likely to leave team: "The number I have in mind is much less than he's going to take.''

Jerry Jones believes Phil Costa can be effective center as long as one of the two guards next to him is a high quality player.

Asked whether Austin and Ratliff will be salary cap casualties, Jerry Jones says, "They're not that...Miles is very much in our plans."

Jerry Jones on his state of mind: "I'm not up here celebrating. It's been a big disappointment (going 8-8 two years in a row)."

Jerry Jones: "We're not going to have to do something really adverse or distasteful to us if we don't have Tony done by March 12.''

Jerry Jones puts Jason Garrett on notice: "There's a lot of resolve here, but not a lot of patience. Jason senses that."

Jerry Jones on Cowboys currently being $20 million over the salary cap: "We are very challenged under the cap.''

Jerry Jones says Tony Romo's improvisational abilities leave him more willing to play behind lesser offensive line to have best receivers

Jerry Jones said no real talks have occurred in Tony Romo negotiations but the owner didn't sound concerned a deal would get done.

Jerry says Cowboys don't need to have Romo deal done with lower cap value by March 12, but I think it could be ugly if they don't

Jerry Jones said Miles Austin is in the Cowboys' plans for 2013. But it sounds like changes in his contract will be made to help cap.

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
Stupid asshole.

Jerry: You want good receivers?

Romo: ok.

Jerry: run for your life.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Jerry Jones says Tony Romo's improvisational abilities leave him more willing to play behind lesser offensive line to have best receivers.

I hope Romo is reading this and gives you one great big FUCK YOU JERRY! And he refuses to be extended and he leaves. That is one of the most insane things I've heard. No other team's GM employs this fucked up thinking.

bkeavs

UDFA
Reaction score
Wow that line by Jerry just sums up everything

Theebs if you try to spin this any other way I'm punching you in the face

Reaction score
Theebs doesn't spin things. He's been very critical of this team if you've been paying attention.

Also.... Warmack, Cooper, Fluker, and Lane all available.

With the 18th pick in the NFL Draft, the Dallas Cowboys select Keenan Allen, WR, California.

~hi fives all around the war room~

Jerry: We uh... ~lip smack~ uh as we sit here right now uh ~lipsmack~ uh Romo friendly.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I'd flip if we passed up Lane. True franchise LT.

I get the measurables part on him, and the potential, but did he really stand out this year? I never saw him getting abused but I can't think of a game he dominated either. What would be a good game to go back and watch ?

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
If they dont do anything this year about the OL, then fuck it. I may never post again.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
If they dont do anything this year about the OL, then fuck it. I may never post again.

so...conflicted...now

desperately want O Line but the idea of dbair never posting again is tempting.

Cowboysrule122

Draft Pick
Reaction score
It's hilarious how stupid Jerry really is. This OL is in shambles and he comes out and says shit like this?

Costa? Really? FML.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
it seems that players have to prove their suckiness beyond all doubt here. Alan Ball sucks. No, he'll be good at Free Safety. He sucks again? We'll move him back to Corner. Awe shucks, still sucks.

Costa was getting destroyed off the line of scrimmage in 2011. In 2012, he couldn't get healthy. But next year's the year!

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
it seems that players have to prove their suckiness beyond all doubt here. Alan Ball sucks. No, he'll be good at Free Safety. He sucks again? We'll move him back to Corner. Awe shucks, still sucks.

Costa was getting destroyed off the line of scrimmage in 2011. In 2012, he couldn't get healthy. But next year's the year!

But carphalen thinks he'll be just fine.

Cowboysrule122

Draft Pick
Reaction score
So Jason's on notice, eh?

Jason might as well quit while he can. Jerry isn't helping matters much by spouting off at the mouth about Costa and the OL.

Cowboysrule122

Draft Pick
Reaction score
This cracks me up. We know Jerry can afford Spencer but by rules of the salary cap he can't afford him.

Damn parity.

Hoofbite

Draft Pick
Reaction score
There's a thread at CZ about Jerry saying the team can get by with lesser OL.

I cannot believe this guy is serious. He's a fucking moron.

I seriously hope that his son is a better football mind than he is. If not, I'll be retired by the time Stephen gets out of control.

It's fucking ridiculous this guy can say this shit. Honestly, I wouldn't blame Romo one bit for telling Jerry to stuff his thumb in his ass and simply playing out his contract and going somewhere else.

Top Bottom