bkeavs

UDFA
Reaction score
CBS' Jason La Canfora says it "looks like the end" for OT Doug Free with the Cowboys.
Free is set to earn a $7 million base salary in 2013, and will count $11.2 million against the cap. Free started all 16 games in 2012, but he and Jeremy Parnell rotated down the stretch. Free graded out near the bottom of Pro Football Focus' final 2012 offensive tackle rankings

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
There never should have been a start for Doug free.

nobody shoulda had to even know this guy.

he was a pile of shit 100% of the time.

bkeavs

UDFA
Reaction score
"we found a diamond in the rough. Pay that man Stephen. Lock him up. Want him to be a Cowboy for life"

Reaction score
I remember everyone thought Free was the long term answer at LT.

I was the lone voice of reason and knew Free was going to struggle.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score

This is wjhere Jerry fucked up: by cutting Adams a year too late. Had he cut Adams earlier, he could have started Free for about 2-3 years and got an accurate picture of him, instead of the 1 1/2 seasons, and then overpaying him out of panic.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score

This is absolutely not true Sheik, he was a really solid player in 2009 and 2010. If he had been terrible, nobody would have offered them what they did before we re-signed him. Tampa and Philly both offered him alot of money.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
"we found a diamond in the rough. Pay that man Stephen. Lock him up. Want him to be a Cowboy for life"

Hindsight is always 20-20

Nobody supported letting this guy walk after that 2010 season

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
This is wjhere Jerry fucked up: by cutting Adams a year too late. Had he cut Adams earlier, he could have started Free for about 2-3 years and got an accurate picture of him, instead of the 1 1/2 seasons, and then overpaying him out of panic.

Jerry pretty much had to due to the lockout. It was either re-sign him or go into the season with no viable left tackle.

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
Dbair, Doug free was never worth a damn. He looked decent when surrounded by shitty stiffs.

Just admit that you got played by Jerry, again.

Reaction score
I remember when the Eagles tried to sign Doug Free and everyone on this board was celebrating that we kept him away from a rival and I told you you all were fools.

That really happened.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Dbair, Doug free was never worth a damn. He looked decent when surrounded by shitty stiffs.

Just admit that you got played by Jerry, again.

No.

As for the bolded statement, and other than Tyron Smith whats he's surrpunded by now? Your statement doesnt explain why he played good in 2009 and 2010, and why he was one of the highest graded tackles both those years.

superpunk

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I don't believe anyone who claims they said we should just let Free walk. it looked like we'd FINALLY developed a tackle. Noone wanted him gone.

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
No.

As for the bolded statement, and other than Tyron Smith whats he's surrpunded by now? Your statement doesnt explain why he played good in 2009 and 2010, and why he was one of the highest graded tackles both those years.

lol

free had the benefit of being the best of the worst for a few years on this oline.

wut, u think all of a sudden he just isn't good anymore?

No. He was always a weak, slow footed, lumbering ******. The only reason he became a fan favorite was because he made a block 20 yards downfield one time.

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
I don't believe anyone who claims they said we should just let Free walk. it looked like we'd FINALLY developed a tackle. Noone wanted him gone.

He was the best shitty lineman we had at the time.

You only let him walk if some other team is retarded enough to offer him huge money.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
He was the best shitty lineman we had at the time.

You only let him walk if some other team is retarded enough to offer him huge money.

Sheik, you've been proven wrong so in the best interest of the DCU, just resign your position and maybe move to the Own.

Top Bottom