NoDak

UDFA
Reaction score
This is a very powerful speech given to the Connecticut legislature at a public hearing regarding gun violence prevention. Seeing as how gun control is the topic du jour, you'd think this would be playing all over every news channel. Especially since a parent of a Sandy Hook kid (luckily a survivor) is the one giving the speech. You'd think.

[video=youtube;wAYLr6u2FyY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=wAYLr6u2FyY[/video]

Reaction score
Uh it's probably not being played by people with a brain bc the dude comes off as an idiot. He adds nothing of particular relevance to the debate either.

superpunk

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Uh it's probably not being played by people with a brain bc the dude comes off as an idiot. He adds nothing of particular relevance to the debate either.

You mean you weren't swayed by his argument that owning guns is an inalienable right from god?

Reaction score
You mean you weren't swayed by his argument that owning guns is an inalienable right from god?

He haughtily read some shit verbatim off Wikipedia and I thought he was going to start crying one point. The lighting also makes it look like he has a ponytail, which would be oh soo appropriate.

Reaction score
I guess the irony there floated above your head. I'll use smaller words next time.

Also, your little example link has nothing to do with the current legislation proposals. It's out of context. If you're looking for an actual debate, then at least get your facts straight.

NoDak

UDFA
Reaction score
I guess the irony there floated above your head. I'll use smaller words next time.

Also, your little example link has nothing to do with the current legislation proposals. It's out of context. If you're looking for an actual debate, then at least get your facts straight.

I'm not debating gun rights, dummy. The point of both stories was what the media will and will not show.

you'd think this would be playing all over every news channel

Why hasn't this story been all over the news?

You'd think somebody that likes to claim their intelligence would get that.

And you thinking you have to use smaller words for ANYBODY is some sweet irony in and of itself. lol

Reaction score
Although, if you keep posting enough drivel, I'm sure someone will eventually get sucked in and bite. It's just tougher odds when you only have 4 people left now.

NoDak

UDFA
Reaction score
Although, if you keep posting enough drivel, I'm sure someone will eventually get sucked in and bite. It's just tougher odds when you only have 4 people left now.

This is kind of sad. You talk of maybe somebody biting, and here you are. 4 posts in now. lol At least SP comes across as being semi-intelligent. You?

Not so much.

Reaction score
I'm not debating gun rights, dummy. The point of both stories was what the media will and will not show.

"In response, the coach then pulled his gun and shot both of them, reports WXYZ-TV."

That's called a media outlet, amigo.

They do report these stories, but how could you know that if you're only watching one channel?

NoDak

UDFA
Reaction score
"In response, the coach then pulled his gun and shot both of them, reports WXYZ-TV."

That's called a media outlet, amigo.

They do report these stories, but how could you know that if you're only watching one channel?

That's called a L.O.C.A.L. A.F.F.I.L.I.A.T.E. Did you see this on national news? No? Neither did the rest of the country. The Trayvon story hit the National news in a quick fast hurry. Why? Could it be the story lines of that one fit an agenda better? They both ended up with a single dead black teen. Yet one story is unknown, and the other threatened to start riots.

lol Keep posting, please. Keep proving your intelligence to us all.

superpunk

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
The national media can't show every story, and even if they do, they can't be certain which is going to capture the public's interest and generate more attention.

There's nothing interesting about some **** droning on about how he'll never give up his dusty guns to "protect" his daughter (as if this nerd ever protected anything in his life) and people get shot in Detroit picking up Lucky Charms, so I don't see what's particularly off-putting about any of this.

Reaction score
This is kind of sad. You talk of maybe somebody biting, and here you are. 4 posts in now. lol At least SP comes across as being semi-intelligent. You?

Not so much.

lol

More irony.

Anyway, like I already said, you're posting some link to random arrogant dude reading off a website and then wondering why it's not all over the news. Obviously, your mind is already made up about guns, so I'm not sure what you're looking for here. If you want "intelligent" thoughts, then you should probably start by trying to post something intelligent.

There are much better stories out there that don't involve some dumbass trying to milk a little of the spotlight from a tragedy. The ultimate irony is that you were compelled enough by his hollow thoughts to start a thread questioning why it isn't gaining press nationally. If I were for assault weapons, I'd be embarrassed for anyone to see that.

Top Bottom