Slatemosphere

Practice Squad
Reaction score
With the qb draft class so weak...lets say arizona or the jets call for Tony Romo and offer their first rounder for him. They may feel they are ready to win now

Arizona has the 7th overall

The Jets have the 10th

Do you pull the trigger

superpunk

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
So I guess then the plan would be to ditch the one player who makes us relevant, go 1-15, and draft...who exactly in 2014?

Slatemosphere

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Who knows what will be available but who is to say that romo even signs back with us in 2014? Id rather get a top 10 pick a year ealier rather than him leaving for a comp pick

cmd34(work)

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Again, does the new QB get the same things Romo got:

*lousy playcaller
*crap O line
*worthless D

because I don't see Geno Smith or Matt Barkley succeeding with those same handicaps.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
Again, does the new QB get the same things Romo got:

*lousy playcaller
*crap O line
*worthless D

because I don't see Geno Smith or Matt Barkley succeeding with those same handicaps.

lol

eternal victim! you're off the hook, Tony.

Reaction score
Trade Romo in that scenario.

Take a young QB at 18 if Barkley or Tyler Wilson falls to us. Take Bray in the 2nd otherwise.

Let Orton QB a year. Drive the bus.

Profit.

I mean, Romo has what, 3 good years left? You really think we're going to win a SB in the next three years?

Slatemosphere

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Obviously there will be changes. That top ten pick can go for a defensive player and still have our 18th pick for oline

Im really not opposed to getting barkely if hes there at our 18th pick

cmd34(work)

Draft Pick
Reaction score
eternal victim! you're off the hook, Tony.

I'm not saying he doesn't deserve some of the blame bbgun.

I am saying that the idea of simply replacing Romo is a flawed one if we don't adress some of the other issues that work against Romo or his replacement.

superpunk

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Herschel

our record after trading Herschel

That's for a smart GM to determine.
Yeah I'm sure it will work exactly like trading Herschel. People are just knocking down the door to give away all their picks nowadays.

It would never happen and it would be stupid to do it. We're not talking about running backs here.

superpunk

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
btw both those teams have so much money tied up in QBs already that they couldn't do this deal. Find another suitor.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
I'm not saying he doesn't deserve some of the blame bbgun.

I am saying that the idea of simply replacing Romo is a flawed one if we don't adress some of the other issues that work against Romo or his replacement.

Except the D had nothing to do with those picks, and I doubt the playcalling asked him to overthrow Ogletree, underthrow Austin, and throw a hideous pick to a linebacker in crunchtime. That's bad decision making, not shitty playcalling.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
Yeah I'm sure it will work exactly like trading Herschel. People are just knocking down the door to give away all their picks nowadays.

It would never happen and it would be stupid to do it. We're not talking about running backs here.

Fine, let's keep the best player on a team that can't win with him anyway. We won't progress towards a championship, but we'll have Tony's exciting razzle dazzle.

cmd34(work)

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Except the D had nothing to do with those picks, and I doubt the playcalling asked him to overthrow Ogletree, underthrow Austin, and throw a hideous pick to a linebacker in crunchtime. That's bad decision making, not shitty playcalling.

Bad throws, bad decisions all on Romo. Not adjusting to the blitz, sticking with a gameplan that does nothing to counter the blitz, all coaching.

A Defense that almost never creates turnovers and repeatedly allows long drives isn't exactly QB friendly.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
The D was down to third stringers in many spots. Certainly our mostly healthy offense had seen a blitz before.

cmd34(work)

Draft Pick
Reaction score
The D was down to third stringers in many spots. Certainly our mostly healthy offense had seen a blitz before.

So keep calling plays that play right into the blitz ? Romo has won games for us and unfortunately has lost games for us. When's the last time, "coaching" from this staff won a game for us? I can think of several they have lost.

Top Bottom