Reaction score
We all know the big names - RG3, Romo, Ware, Morris, et cetera.

Who are the under the radar guys who could have a potentially dramatic effect on the game?

For me, I think the Redskins Aldrick Robinson could cause a lot of problems for us.

Terrible video, but heres him abusing us on Thanksgiving for a 70 yard td...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KbUuRF9Uh2E

We've always had problems with small, quick receivers. Santana Moss had his best games against us. Just running this guy deep every play would open up a lot for the Redskins.

I'm hoping this kid is inactive for this game.

Reaction score
For the Cowboys, I say our x-factor will be Parnell/Free versus Ryan Kerrigan. He's pretty much the lone dominant player on that Redskins defense, and our guys are going to have to contain him.

If they can, Romo should have a clean pocket most of the day.

bkeavs

UDFA
Reaction score
Question was "who" but I think an x factor will be the Field in DC. With our defense being banged up and not all that good to begin with. Getting away from the speedy turf might be a blessing in disguise

Saturday is supposed to be pretty nasty there and sunday will be a cold clear day.

Anything that can slow opposing offenses down is good for us

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
The X factor is and will always be: Garrett and Ryan. Or maybe that should be the XX factor---because both are such pussies.

GloryDaysRBack

Quality Starter
Reaction score
The X factor is turnovers. If we just come out of the turnover battle
Even, we will win this game. But that's going to be tough. Skins are good at generating turnovers. We all know that we suck at it.

Reaction score
I'm going to make a prediction....

James Hannah will have more receiving yards in this game than Dez Bryant.

Great matchup there if we can exploit it.

And by exploit it, I mean Jason Garrett giving the TE playing time.

Reaction score
I think the Redskins will focus all their attention on Dez and Witten.

If Garrett gives Hannah playing time, who covers him?

He's got the size/speed to outrun a linebacker down the seam.

I'm just saying... play two tight ends on short yardage sitautions, and hit Hannah on playaction up the seam for big plays.

Reaction score
Yeah, I guess Hannah could make a couple of plays, if Garrett plays him. But that's not likely.

Dez is gonna abuse D. Hall. I would rather take our chances with Dez than trying to focus on getting Hannah reps.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I think it's all how healthy RG is. Barry Cofield said yesterday he looks better this week than last, and might even wear a smaller brace. But only RG and their coaches know how he really feels and what they think he can handle. I'm not one who thinks he can't succeed staying in the pocket, but if the threat of the run is gone, that changes everything.

Or even if he is better, if he tweaks it during the game that will limit them.

I still think we win for some reason. We have that mojo right now.

Reaction score
We need to score first. And a touchdown... not a field goal.

Wishful thinking considering how cold we start on offense, but if we can ever get a two possession lead, I think it'll change the game dramatically in our favor. Force Washington to pass more instead of their strength, running.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I think the Redskins will focus all their attention on Dez and Witten.

If Garrett gives Hannah playing time, who covers him?

He's got the size/speed to outrun a linebacker down the seam.

I'm just saying... play two tight ends on short yardage sitautions, and hit Hannah on playaction up the seam for big plays.

Or even run some screens. But that would require common sense, and not nearly imaginitive, innovative, or genius enough for Garrett.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
I worry about the weather. Tony was absolutely abysmal in that cold-weather game at Pittsburgh a few years ago, despite the fact that he hails from Wisconsin.

Ch2-1_SunDec72008_050110PMb.dvr-ms - 00044.jpg

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I didn't think he was that abysmal... It was a close game until the very end when he and Witten had the miscommunication. And idiot TO caused at least one INT when he ran his common mystery meat route.

But Ben also had a hard time because it was colder and, mostly, really windy. It's not supposed to be that bad on Sunday, is it?

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
Dude I remember that game. The only reason Pitt was in it was because our passing game sucked. Choice actually had a good day running the ball.

Top Bottom