Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
Some free agents I would like us to sign:

Brian Hartline, WR, Miami (the outside receiver)
Leroy Harris, OG, Tennesee (starting OG that helps pave the way for Chris Johnson)
Larry Grant, ILB, San Francisco (for depth)
Joe Berger, C, Minnesota

1st round -- Dion Jordan, OLB, Oregon

Sticking with him or Anthony Barr with our 1st round pick. We don't like to blitz very much and sending just 4 or 5 isn't working.

2nd round -- Sylvester Williams, DT, North Carolina

A top 25 talent that for some reason is ranked in the 2nd round range. A naturally large man who is stout at the point of attack with the ability to penetrate into the backfield. His best move is probably his swim move, but he can stand to add a better rip move.

3rd round -- Brennan Williams, OT, North Carolina

Prototypical RT with extremely long arms who shows impressive jump at the snap of the ball, good balance, footwork and a nice kick-slide. Lately, we've shown a propensity of valuing talented players whose stock drop due to injury, and while Brennan has never been thought of as a top 15 talent, he'll drop more than he should due to missing the last 4 games of 2012 to shoulder surgery.

4th round -- Duke Williams, S, Nevada

The 3rd Williams. One of the more underrated safeties in this draft and probably the surest and stoutest tackler of the bunch as he does a great job of breaking down and driving on the ball-carrier/receiver. He impressed me on tape as being a 30 lb. lighter and faster Roy L Williams. This kid is around the ball often though reflected more in his pass-breakup than interception numbers; 19 PBs in the last 3 years, 9 this year alone.

5th round -- Devin Taylor, DE, South Carolina

A tall, long, explosive pass-rusher that like Barkevious Mingo and Sam Montgomery, for whatever reason hasn't put it together despite an impressive Sophomore campaign. Say what you want about Rob Ryan, but he gets his group to play. This could be a steal of the draft.

6th round -- Michael Dyer, RB, Arkansas Baptist

This could be our Bryce Brown. Dyer is a very talented runner who was kicked off of both the Auburn (where he rushed for over 1,000 yards twice) and Arkansas State football programs. While not an RKG he seems to have put that behind him; in fact, now he addresses high school football players in groups trying to warn them not to take the same path as he did, which is a great start.

cmd34(work)

Draft Pick
Reaction score
I want to like your mocks because I know how upset you get, but still, do not like.

Leroy Harris makes Nate Livings look like Tom Rafferty. He is awful IMO.
Joe Berger? We had him already and let him walk.
Brian Hartline is ehh although Romo would make him a star probably.
Larry Grant is solid but where does he fit with Lee, Carter, Connor?

Dion Jordan scares me. I don't think he's durable at all. I do like your 5th and 6th round picks.

I really should go with the whole if you don't have anything nice to say, say nothing philosophy.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
I have no problem with people disagreeing with my pick selections, only when their critique is some dumbass one-liner (I have been guilty of that myself, so I should do a better job). I put some though into my mocks and would like an equal amount of thought put into comments/critiques. Like a pick-by-pick breakdown. It doesn't have to be War and Peace in length, but give me something. What about the 1st 4 picks don't you like? That an OG isn't among them? Where are you getting these durability issues with Jordan from?

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
Turns out Duke Williams turned down scholarship offers from USC and Boise State among others to stay home. Grew up in Nevada. Interesting.

Damn, he's definitely not an RKG.

Last edited:

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Turns out Duke Williams turned down scholarship offers from USC and Boise State among others to stay home. Grew up in Nevada. Interesting.

Damn, he's definitely not an RKG.

I don't remember USC offering him.

Top Bottom