Reaction score
By Brandon George / Reporter
bgeorge@dallasnews.com
11:20 am on November 27, 2012 | PermalinkIRVING – To get into the playoffs the Cowboys will likely have to finish with nine or 10 wins. That means Dallas has to win at least four of its last five games.

But Santa Claus hasn’t been kind to the Cowboys of late. Instead of a jolly HoHoHo, it’s been more like HaHaHa for Dallas in Decembers.

Since the Cowboys won their last Super Bowl to end the 1995 season, they’ve had only two winning Decembers. They went 3-1 in December 1996, including a playoff win over Minnesota. Their last winning December came in 2001, when they went 3-2 but finished the season at 5-11.

“Hopefully we’ll turn that around this year and we’ll have a great December,” Cowboys executive vice president Stephen Jones said. “We’ll just see, but I don’t think there is anything to December. You’re playing your division opponents in there and if you’re not ready to go you can get beat. But hopefully we’ll change that this year and get on a run here.”

The Cowboys haven’t gotten on a run to end a season since coach Jimmy Johnson walked the halls of Valley Ranch.

The Cowboys haven’t finished a regular season with a 4-1 record or better since 1993, when they ended 5-0 en route to winning their second consecutive Super Bowl under Johnson.

But it’s that time of year when children dream big and wish lists are often fulfilled. And, the Cowboys’ last five opponents aren’t exactly on the upswing.

The Cowboys remaining five games come against teams with a combined 25-30 record.

However, that’s similar to what the Cowboys faced to end 2011. The Cowboys’ final four opponents last season had a combined record of 20-30 going into the games. Dallas went only 1-3, with its only win coming against a 4-9 Tampa Bay team.

Bottom line: The Cowboys haven’t finished a season strong in almost 20 years, and this year’s team hasn’t proven to be anything close to a Super Bowl contender.

superpunk

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
We'll win 2-3 more games, finish 7-9 or 8-8, miss the playoffs and get a mediocre draft pick.

Commitment to mediocrity.

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
I'm for whatever gets Garrett fired. 1-4, 2-3, whatever.

they better not go 4-1.

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
I've wanted Garrett hired and fired since the 90s.

Ever since Troy said he was his QB coach.

Reaction score
It doesn’t really matter. They can win a couple more games but they will do it looking like complete crap. This season is lost and that’s a shame given how poor the competition is. All i care about right now is Dez Bryant getting more catches/yards/tds for my fantasy team. Both of my teams are headed to the playoffs...so all is not lost. That’s how i get by.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I'd love to see us run the table and make the playoffs.

Then again I'd love to win the Powerball tonight and have my way with Jessica Alba too.

All 3 have about the same odds.

superpunk

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
If Jessica Alba was like yeah I'll sleep with you as many times as you like but I want to peg you each time first would you do it?

Reaction score
I'd love to see us run the table and make the playoffs.

Then again I'd love to win the Powerball tonight and have my way with Jessica Alba too.

All 3 have about the same odds.

Would you do it even knowing that she has herpes?

Top Bottom