C

Cr122

Cowboys' Dez Bryant already a first-teamer
Posted at 1:17 PM on Tue., Aug. 31, 2010 | Permalink | Yahoo! Buzz
Gerry Fraley / Reporter Bio | E-mail | News tips

Dallas Cowboys rookie wide receiver Dez Bryant practiced for the first time since July 30 on Tuesday. Bryant, who had been out because of a high ankle sprain, already falls into the category of first-teamer without having played in an exhibition.

Coach Wade Phillips said he would prefer to use Bryant with the first-team offense. Because the first-team offense will not appear as a group in Thursday's exhibition against Miami, that makes it more likely that Bryant will not be used against the Dolphins.

Phillips said the more important factor with Bryant was his physical status. His work in practice will help the club set a plan aimed to having him ready for opening day, at Washington on Sept. 12.

Reaction score
Yes... Soon, he shall replace Roy Williams and then we can trade him to the Jaguars or something.

C

Cr122

Yes... Soon, he shall replace Roy Williams and then we can trade him to the Jaguars or something.

The Redskins can have him, they like to take our trash. lol

Seriously though as long as our offensive line can hold up, and Tony isn't running for his life on every snap Dez will get open, and score some touchdowns for us.

Reaction score
The Redskins can have him, they like to take our trash. lol

Seriously though as long as our offensive line can hold up, and Tony isn't running for his life on every snap Dez will get open, and score some touchdowns for us.

You think so? I don't expect Dez Bryant to be good for us this year. I expect him to play like a rookie.

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
You think so? I don't expect Dez Bryant to be good for us this year. I expect him to play like a rookie.

I think year 2 or 3 is going to be where his huge produciton starts to shine through.

With missing preseason, the Cowboys having so many weapons on offense, and Tony pretty much showing that he only throws to the guys he trusts, I still expect Dez to have a good year to the tune of 45 catches 600-700 yards and 4-6 touchdowns.

I don't expect a spectacular year from Dez.

Jon88

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I think year 2 or 3 is going to be where his huge produciton starts to shine through.

With missing preseason, the Cowboys having so many weapons on offense, and Tony pretty much showing that he only throws to the guys he trusts, I still expect Dez to have a good year to the tune of 45 catches 600-700 yards and 4-6 touchdowns.

I don't expect a spectacular year from Dez.

We have a lot of weapons, but of all people we lose John Phillips. Not Bennett or Roy Williams. Phillips.

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
We have a lot of weapons, but of all people we lose John Phillips. Not Bennett or Roy Williams. Phillips.

lol

Not sure if serious, but I am still bummed about losing Phillips, I like the player a lot. I trust him to pull down a pass more than I trust Bennett.

C

Cr122

Yes, I do.

I haven't seen a talented WR drafted here like Dez, since Michael Irvin.

I'm excited as hell about Dez Bryant. I also think he has a decent shot at ROTY.

C

Cr122

lol

Not sure if serious, but I am still bummed about losing Phillips, I like the player a lot. I trust him to pull down a pass more than I trust Bennett.

Absolutely, Phillips is another player who will be a star for us.

I still think we should of traded Bennett when we had the chance.

Jon88

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Absolutely, Phillips is another player who will be a star for us.

I still think we should of traded Bennett when we had the chance.

I would have unloaded that assclown for a 3rd. Can you imagine having to put up with that idiot? Damn Jerry, it's OK to screw teams. You got got screwed with Galloway and Williams.

C

Cr122

I would have unloaded that assclown for a 3rd. Can you imagine having to put up with that idiot? Damn Jerry, it's OK to screw teams. You got got screwed with Galloway and Williams.

Just think of what we could of had with that third round pick.

Jon88

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Hopefully he finally gets it this year and turns into the beast he can be.

C

Cr122

Hopefully he finally gets it this year and turns into the beast he can be.

For Roy Williams and Martellus Bennett their time is now, this year.

It's shit or get off the pot.

Marty B is lucky Phillips got hurt, or he'd have a hard time getting Phillips reps. John is an excellent blocker and can also catch the ball.

Top Bottom