Which would you honestly prefer:

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reaction score
Give this some thought, and answer it honestly....

Which would you honestly prefer:

Your presidential candidate wins the election?

Your Dallas Cowboys win at least one SB in the next four years?

When answering the question, do so with the mindset that if you choose the Cowboys winning the SB, that your candidate would lose the election, and if you choose the candidate winning, then the Cowboys would not have a SB shot during at least the next four years.

Don't just pick the Cowboys winning because you "know Obama is going to win." Pretend, fuckers.

superpunk

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
If I had to pick one I think I'd have to pick Obama.

I think Mitt Romney will be terrible for this country, and the shit Bush got us into will look like nothing compared to what this wooden automaton would do to our country. The scariest part would be having someone who thinks like this, being our president.

cmd34(work)

Draft Pick
Reaction score
No brainer.

I'm scared about what Mitt will do or more importantly allow Corporations to do but in the end it will have minimal impact on my life.

The Cowboys winning the Superbowl means I pwn everyone around me who's been talking shit for these last 15 plus years. Real impact on my life.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
Obama here.

Narrowly edges out Mitt Romney in my opinion poll. That mostly has to do with the disdain I hold for superpunk otherwise it would be in a landslide opinion poll raukus.

FuzzyLumpkins

In the Rotation
Reaction score
Obama has stated he will raise my taxes. I prefer money to the cowboys.

I'm fine with having my taxes increase but then I also am interested in paying my debts and what i am given. If you support canceling medicare, social security and the military then that is one thing. OTOH, if you want those things and to have a shred of responsibility then like me you will be fine with paying your fair share.

In 1965, when the country was on the right track and being run by the greatest generation, the average tax rate for all americans was nearly 10% higher than what it is now.

jeebus

UDFA
Reaction score
I'm fine with having my taxes increase but then I also am interested in paying my debts and what i am given. If you support canceling medicare, social security and the military then that is one thing. OTOH, if you want those things and to have a shred of responsibility then like me you will be fine with paying your fair share.

In 1965, when the country was on the right track and being run by the greatest generation, the average tax rate for all americans was nearly 10% higher than what it is now.
I don't think 50% income tax is moral, I currently pay 45%. I pay 35% fed and 10% state. Yea a 5% tax puts me at 50% income tax alone. Then I have to pay payroll taxes, property taxes, and sales tax.

As for supporting that other sh1t you said, no. Not really as it is currently constructed. I will fight giving this country a single more dollar until I feel like it is spending the money wiser. Basically the government want 80 cents on the dollar and then only 8 of those cents get where I feel they do some good.

Give me some help on my state taxes and I will support a 40% tax rate.

Also, beside the decade or so we eliminated the top tax bracket, we have one of the lowest top brackets in it then when you put it in equal dollar terms our top tax bracket earns a fraction of what used to be considered top tax tier. 250,000 in 1913 was like 4 million dollars.

Basically all I ask from the country is to leave me alone and not force me to shoot officials in the face with my .308.

And the greatest generation was a bunch of back slapping statist faggots who gave us the baby boomers.

Last edited:

bkeavs

UDFA
Reaction score
If I had to pick one I think I'd have to pick Obama.

I think Mitt Romney will be terrible for this country, and the shit Bush got us into will look like nothing compared to what this wooden automaton would do to our country. The scariest part would be having someone who thinks like this, being our president.

Bush was a horrendous president but let's not pretend that bill Clinton and the democrats had nothing to do with it by deregulating the banks

FuzzyLumpkins

In the Rotation
Reaction score
I don't think 50% income tax is moral, I currently pay 45%. I pay 35% fed and 10% state. Yea a 5% tax puts me at 50% income tax alone. Then I have to pay payroll taxes, property taxes, and sales tax.

As for supporting that other sh1t you said, no. Not really as it is currently constructed. I will fight giving this country a single more dollar until I feel like it is spending the money wiser. Basically the government want 80 cents on the dollar and then only 8 of those cents get where I feel they do some good.

Give me some help on my state taxes and I will support a 40% tax rate.

Also, beside the decade or so we eliminated the top tax bracket, we have one of the lowest top brackets in it then when you put it in equal dollar terms our top tax bracket earns a fraction of what used to be considered top tax tier. 250,000 in 1913 was like 4 million dollars.

Basically all I ask from the country is to leave me alone and not force me to shoot officials in the face with my .308.

And the greatest generation was a bunch of back slapping statist faggots who gave us the baby boomers.

Moral? Perhaps you believe in some objective morality. I don't. TBH, if you are making so much over $350k that you cannot figure out how to reinvest/deduct so that you are still the highest bracket threshold then I have very little sympathy for your 'plight.'

It goes greatest > silent > boomer and the boomers need to be responsible for their own actions. When it comes down to it, politics from 1945-1975 when the silents were in their majority and right after they fought WW2 was the greatest era in American history.

They had a similar GDP to debt ratio for example and had us solvent by the Kennedy Administration. Yeah, why on Earth would we want to look to their actions for a solution. Let's go back to 2004 policies....

Really when it comes down to it, your tone reeks of Randian hedonism and I also expect no matter what is done you would always find an excuse to say " I will fight giving this country a single more dollar until I feel like it is spending the money wiser."

Just curious though: do you give money to Donor's Trust?

FuzzyLumpkins

In the Rotation
Reaction score
Bush was a horrendous president but let's not pretend that bill Clinton and the democrats had nothing to do with it by deregulating the banks

It was not just Clinton. It was the great bipartisan circlejerk of Gramm, Gingrich and Clinton that repealed Glass Steagall and such. Gramm's name is on the bill.

jeebus

UDFA
Reaction score
Moral? Perhaps you believe in some objective morality. I don't. TBH, if you are making so much over $350k that you cannot figure out how to reinvest/deduct so that you are still the highest bracket threshold then I have very little sympathy for your 'plight.'
. Point taken, but it is a sh1t ton harder for the guy making 250k (the actual number Obama uses in his tax plans and not the rhetorical 1%) to lower his tax rate then it is for the guy making 5 million. I think you got that part right. And yes, I am scrambling to lower my tax profile, but it is a pain in the ass and not a proper way to run a nation. Better to simplify things and lower the rate.
It goes greatest > silent > boomer and the boomers need to be responsible for their own actions. When it comes down to it, politics from 1945-1975 when the silents were in their majority and right after they fought WW2 was the greatest era in American history.

They had a similar GDP to debt ratio for example and had us solvent by the Kennedy Administration. Yeah, why on Earth would we want to look to their actions for a solution. Let's go back to 2004 policies....
Fuckem, I just wanted to take a shot at them.

Really when it comes down to it, your tone reeks of Randian hedonism and I also expect no matter what is done you would always find an excuse to say " I will fight giving this country a single more dollar until I feel like it is spending the money wiser."
It should, there is some of that in there. I naturally am not a big fan of government, but I have also lost complete faith in its effectiveness. I guess it is from living in ca and watching our state have 3 times the labor costs of private industry because of union pension contracts. What do I want to give them more money for? An education system that can't be fixed with money? For a military that is already to spread and out and bloated. You know there is a problem when it is cheaper for the arms forces to hire civilian contractors, civilian contractors who can do the job and still afford to hire their employees from the army at 3 times the pay? Should I agree to just keep paying more into a social security program no one will make viable? What exactly are you asking me to pay more for? Maybe the problem with health care is a hospital stay is 10 grand a night, while for 1,000 pay for a 4 star hotel and a doctor to sit with me all night. Maybe the problem with our border is we aren't letting the fvckin people in who we are supposed and aren't having our troops do something and keep the fringe out. Give me a little faith that giving more money will actually fix these problems and then I might support it. Or will giving them more money just allow them to do more studies and decide that the good thing to do is make sure we don't have a natural gass infrastructure in place to actually get our economy running at full speed again?
Just curious though: do you give money to Donor's Trust?
For now it makes no sense for me to give to charity. I can earn more with it, and when it is time I have an idea i would really like to do.

FuzzyLumpkins

In the Rotation
Reaction score
if you are having issues getting below the threshold then hire a better accountant is all I can really say. It's not all that hard to play. They have made it quite easy. We both know that Romney is not going to close those loopholes but if he were to then that would be more problematic than a tax hike. As it stands now, it is nothing that an attorney and an accountant cannot fix up.

The problem with health care costs is not government spending in the market. it's been well documented that Meidcare, other than the Medicare Prescription Plan B nonnegotiation clause, is significantly less expensive than what the free market provides.

The military contracting being cheaper is just crap made up certain armed serrvice committee members and haliburton types. Sure if you look at the cost per soldier of garrison or caravan guard duty for private versus military then with raw data the privateer is 'cheaper.'

The rub is that all tings are not created equal. The military would be able to function without the privateers but the reverse is not true. The armored humvees and the majority of the facilities are paid for by the military. The training of both parties was handled by the military as are all the maintenance capabilities. Basic, assault school etc is all handled by the US military which blackwater types then poach after they complete their initial service time. The issues go on and on but if you think a mercenary force would end up being cheaper then you are fooling yourself.

Even given all of this it is debatable whether or not it is really 'cheaper.' They don't give us the details of the expenses for obvious national security reasons.

On a final note, the issue is not with the social security and medicare schemes in and of themselves. The problem is that we keep on voting ourselves tax breaks in addition to granting entitlements. i agree with the spending cuts but a reasonable comparison is getting yourself out of personal debt. You cut your spending and you pay more towards the debt. This statement is not directed at you but as a culture personal responsibility is nonexistent. We run up debt and just say fuck it our heirs will deal with it.

and Donor's Trust is not a charity. That you do not know what it is and you are in your finanical situation speaks well of you. It's basically a superPAC clearinghouse.

jeebus

UDFA
Reaction score
You misunderstood my point about military contractors, I was not arguing for more of hem. I was arguing that they are used at all shows there are gains to be made in military financing that have nothing to do with giving them more overall money.

Top Bottom