superpunk

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
"I give Dez Bryant an A+ for the end-zone catch ... and an F for the way he came down with it. You do not put a hand down to brace yourself when you have the ball caught in the end-zone. That's a "in-field" move not a touch down move. He still looks like a rookie to me .. Sorry DEZ .. especially the "over the shoulder" catch on Kick-off. again another "Rookie" move. He has been doing this too long now and is making way too much money to be making "Green pea" "Bonehead" plays like this. Jerry Jones has got to stop giving these guys keys to the kingdom before they prove themselves."

~ Drew Pearson

Reaction score
“Jerry Jones has got to stop giving these guys keys to the kingdom before they prove themselves."

~ Drew Pearson

Truer words have never been spoken. Thus is the problem

Reaction score
Yeah, I do agree with that comment. You'd think Jerry would've learned from Antonio Bryant.

But it's marketing. And that's king!

superpunk

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
What keys to the kingdom has Dez gotten? Like as opposed to Sean Lee or someone?

I mean it sounds good but what does it mean?

Reaction score
What keys to the kingdom has Dez gotten? Like as opposed to Sean Lee or someone?

I mean it sounds good but what does it mean?

I think he's talking more giving him the #88 and making a big deal out of it. Marketing it like he's Michael or Drew, when in reality he was just a rookie.

It's kind of like Parcells "earn the star" routine. Kind of corny, but it shows the rookies that hey, you're just rookies. You haven't done anything yet. Make the team and earn the star.

But giving him the #88 and hyping it like Jerry does, he's kind of saying "Yeah, you're a rookie, but you've already made it in this league! You're a star!"

superpunk

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I think he's talking more giving him the #88 and making a big deal out of it. Marketing it like he's Michael or Drew, when in reality he was just a rookie.

Well I'm sure that's what Drew Mr. I used to be 88 before Michael made me irrelevant Pearson is talking about but how are you supposed to handle it? Um no Dez you can't wear 88 until you score 20 TDs? Until then you have to rock the Miles Austin #14 jersey.

I mean wtf

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
A 2.5 mil contract for an UDFA who went out there and earned a starting spot right good complaint.

The amount of $ is irrelevant. The point is that Church, like Scandrick and others, was rewarded without earning it. That breeds a sense of entitlement.

superpunk

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
What do you and Drew want him to do go out and make the pro bowl before we give him this sweet sweet career special teamer sized deal?

superpunk

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I mean yeah we've given some players contracts early - which coincidentally is something the Eagles got lauded for years for doing for any player that showed a little promise, locking them up at a cheaper rate because the player is always going to jump at the up front money...

but at the same time we've wisely held off on players like Felix and Jenkins, been stingy with Sensabaugh, played it cool with Spears, and on and on.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
Ruptured Achilles can be a career ender. I doubt the Eagles were guaranteeing millions to players with injuries that severe.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Yeah, I do agree with that comment. You'd think Jerry would've learned from Antonio Bryant.

But it's marketing. And that's king!

The best marketing is winning, why is that so hard for him to understand???

Who falls for his bullshit??

I'd love to meet one fan who says he became a fan of the Cowboys because of Jerry Jones or anything he's ever said or any marketing gimmick he's done.

He's benefitted from what Landry/Schramm built and that loyal fan base and the teams that won the Super Bowls added to that.

His team is heading the way of the Cleveland browns who have nothing more to talk about than the glory days with Jim Brown

Reaction score
Well I'm sure that's what Drew Mr. I used to be 88 before Michael made me irrelevant Pearson is talking about but how are you supposed to handle it? Um no Dez you can't wear 88 until you score 20 TDs? Until then you have to rock the Miles Austin #14 jersey.

I mean wtf

Give him #83.

Or give him the number, but without the fanfare. Don't give him the number and then talk about the legacy of that number and how you expect him to live up to it.

cmd34(work)

Draft Pick
Reaction score
who cares what number he wears?

How about we get him a coach, whether that's WR coach, OC, or HC, that can get through to him ?

Top Bottom